Home

Enhanced EA rosters for NHL 15 (PS3/PAL)

This is a discussion on Enhanced EA rosters for NHL 15 (PS3/PAL) within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Enhanced EA rosters for NHL 15 (PS3/PAL)

If anyone's interested, here are "my" rosters. Actually, this is an enhanced version of EA's Roster Update from April. Note that I don't consider myself a roster maker, so I haven't edited any ratings other than faceoff ratings.

I've made them only for my own use, but since I've used so many hours to get them accurate, I thought maybe some of you would like to give it a try.

So why should you try this roster? If you're satisfied with EA ratings, and would like to have accurate lines for NHL, Liiga and National teams, then go ahead!

Features:
a) 100% accurate lines (including 3PK and 4PP units and shootouts!)
b) Accurate captaincies
c) Accurate faceoff ratings based purely on faceoff statistics.
d) Accurate arena info for NHL, Liiga, DEL, SHL, NLA, Extraliga and national teams.

Some things to consider:

- Only NHL (including Winter Classic, All-Stars and Legends), Liiga and the national teams are updated. For other leagues, I may have moved some players to correct teams, but don't count on me to have accurate rosters for the rest of the leagues.
- All the players who have been part of the NHL team roster this season are included in the NHL team (excluding players assigned back to juniors). Some players are on both NHL and AHL team roster, so if you want to start a season, be sure to delete the duplicates first.

For those who really want a detailed explanation on what this "accuracy" means, read the following notes. Otherwise skip to the download link and start playing!

1. This is crazy, but I've checked every single PP and PK unit from every game since the start of the NHL season as of today. So every single lineup combo for NHL teams is 100% accurate.
2. Now that the NHL season is almost over, I've ignored the injuries. All the lineups are based on the last game of the season, but if the team had a significant injury that time, that player has been inserted to the lineup to a spot he would most likely play in, without disturbing the rest of the lineup. So for example, before getting injured, in his last game Zemgus Girgensons played with Matt Moulson and Brian Gionta. At the end of the season, Moulson and Gionta played in separate lines, so I didn't reunite Girgensons with Moulson and Gionta, since that would bring the Sabres lineup back to February. Instead, I kept Moulson's and Gionta's lines intact and replaced a player who most likely would have been scratched with Girgensons.
3. How did I determine who would be scratched to make room for an injured player? Like I said, I've checked every lineup combo for every game for every team, so I got an idea how the lineups were evolving. This "research" took me hundreds of hours (I'm not saying it was smart though, haha), so you could just trust me on this one.
4. The injured NHL players that were NOT inserted to the lineup were players whose last game was so long ago that their team was totally different back then, hence making it impossible to insert them to the lineup without disturbing the rest of the lines. These players are Kevan Miller (BOS), Evander Kane (BUF), Cody McCormick (BUF), Ladislav Smid (CGY), Ryan Wilson (COL), David Clarkson (CBJ), Johan Franzen (DET), Eric Nystrom (NSH), Bryce Salvador (NJ), Chris Phillips (OTT), Pascal Dupuis (PIT), Olli Maatta (PIT) and Grant Clitsome (WPG). I wanted to list these players so you can insert them into the lineup if you feel like they deserve a spot, no matter if the lines are disturbed.
5. Faceoff ratings are updated for all the NHL, Liiga and national team players. The ratings are balanced out so that a player who has taken only 10 faceoffs with a 60% rate doesn't have the same attribute as a player who's taken over 1000 faceoffs with the same rate. Here's the formula explained.
6. National teams are based on the Sochi 2014 Olympics (with the same accuracy as the NHL). However, players who were named or would have been named to the team, but had to opt out because of injury, are included. Also, the players who have announced their retirement from the national teams have been removed. The teams outside of the Olympics are based on IHWC 2015 tournament, but the best players who missed the tournament because of an injury or ongoing NHL season are included.

Hope that some of you find this roster useful.

The roster is built on EA's final roster update on PS3 PAL version.
Updated after the last game of the 2014-15 season.
Download here!

Update log:
-Updated lineups for CHI and TB (5on5, PP and PK)
-Updated faceoff ratings for Palat and Callahan (both 70)
-Updated player positions for Desjardins (LW), Shaw (RW) and Carcillo (LW, forgot to fix it from EA)
-Some minor transfers in Euro leagues

Last edited by TomiT14; 06-18-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 07:07 AM   #2
Rookie

Crosbyf4n's Arena

Re: Enhanced EA rosters for NHL 15 (PS3/PAL)

Is there a way to convert this to xbox 360? Looks really interesting so I would love to test it out but I dont have PS3
Old 06-05-2015, 01:15 PM   #3
Rookie

tpuckz95's Arena

Hey hope you don't mind but I was able to convert it to PS3 US version as well.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:46 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpuckz95
Could you post it for US players?
Old 06-08-2015, 06:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpuckz95
That's cool. How did you do that?

Here's an updated file.

Update log:
-Updated CHI 2nd line and 2nd PP-unit
-Updated TB PP- and PK-units, and replaced Nesterov with Drouin in the lineup

Last edited by TomiT14; 06-08-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 05:31 PM   #6
Just started!

I cant seem to open it in NHLview?
Old 06-18-2015, 05:37 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjoOoSan
I cant seem to open it in NHLview?
Works for me, anyone else had this problem?
Have you been able to open other rosters for NHL 15? Have you made the fix posted at Artem's site?

Here's the last update for the 2014-15 season.

Update log:
-Updated lineups for CHI and TB (5on5, PP and PK)
-Updated faceoff ratings for Palat and Callahan (both 70)
-Updated player positions for Desjardins (LW), Shaw (RW) and Carcillo (LW, forgot to fix it from EA)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Rosters »