Home

2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER v1 - Released

This is a discussion on 2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER v1 - Released within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7
2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER v1 - Released

Ok, finally after 4 months of work, well over 400 hours put in by various OS members, it is here.

The 2015 OSFM Revision Roster v1 is now available in the vault

EDIT - v1.3 is now available in the vault with full updated transactions, corrections and SCEA update roster players added in.

PSN - crapinmyshoe

What is the Revision Roster?

Well, bluntly it is my revision of my old Hybrid Roster which became everyone's favourite name for rosters this year. It is based off the OSFM v1 as well as the 2014 Hybrid Roster.

What does v1 include?

v1 has it all.
- obviously full minors, focusing on MLB, AAA, AA
- full review and correction/replacement of faces where needed, right down to bad noses, ears and eye brows - over 500 newly created faces and added players
- WTNY's pitch edits and equal edits to minor league pitchers based on BB/9
- SCEA update players with new faces where needed
- full equipment updates
- full rerate of any player with ZiPs ratings based on WTNY's updated formulas
- contracts were not included in this version - they will be the focus of v2
- updated transactions until May 24
- accurate 40 man rosters, 15 day DL players were added back to their clubs and subsequent dominoes fell. 60 day DL off the 40 and in A ball. Lineups were not done accurate due to this fact

Why were prospects taken out in place of Org Filler's?

It is my opinion and belief that 90% of prospects end up becoming filler anyway. Please refer to the past 10 years of BA Prospect Guides before a arguing this fact.

Why did this take so long to release?

It has been a very long and tedious project this year, and this year we strived for perfection at first release. There are so many people who deserve credit for their assistance. Hopefully I miss no one here.

Waittilnextyear- made the ratings and pitch edits happen. His ratings play so real to life that I don't have to watch real baseball.

Teeds - his focus on perfection made a huge chunk of the faces used happen last year and pushed me to a new level of high expectation for the roster.

Motown - what can you say about his faces but - WOW

Moss - same as Motown, helped get some last minute faces done

Darionc14 - my ratings entry Guru - every year this guy gets the ratings done fast and accurate

Cultbuscus - my main assistant, jumped in whenever I needed him this year, organized getting the pitch edits done as well

Dynasty Legend - helped firm up rosters when I needed help last minute

Showtyme and DrIllinois - our equipment guys - IMO the most tedious part of the roster edits.

Mattchu - helped get Motowns faces onto SCEA bodies

And of course the entire OSFM team who made the base of this roster.

Thank you all for your patience this year and everyone who offered or gave help. I do these rosters for you.

Enjoy and pleases rate the roster so non OS players will know to try this.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent

Last edited by Willard76; 06-09-2015 at 12:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 03:33 PM   #2
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 2015 OSFM REVISION ROSTER v1 - Released

Thanks a lot Willard and to everyone involved in making this happen
Old 05-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Really looking forward to this!

Thank you for all the time and effort spent in giving us such a quality product!

Should bring some new life into this game for many many people!

Cheers.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:38 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Ok, finally after 4 months of work, well over 400 hours put in by various OS members, it is here.

The 2015 OSFM Revision Roster v1 is now available in the vault

PSN - crapinmyshoe

What is the Revision Roster?

Well, bluntly it is my revision of my old Hybrid Roster which became everyone's favourite name for rosters this year. It is based off the OSFM v1 as well as the 2014 Hybrid Roster.

What does v1 include?

v1 has it all.
- obviously full minors, focusing on MLB, AAA, AA
- full review and correction/replacement of faces where needed, right down to bad noses, ears and eye brows - over 500 newly created faces and added players
- WTNY's pitch edits and equal edits to minor league pitchers based on BB/9
- SCEA update players with new faces where needed
- full equipment updates
- full rerate of any player with ZiPs ratings based on WTNY's updated formulas
- contracts were not included in this version - they will be the focus of v2
- updated transactions until May 24
- accurate 40 man rosters, 15 day DL players were added back to their clubs and subsequent dominoes fell. 60 day DL off the 40 and in A ball. Lineups were not done accurate due to this fact

Why were prospects taken out in place of Org Filler's?

It is my opinion and belief that 90% of prospects end up becoming filler anyway. Please refer to the past 10 years of BA Prospect Guides before a arguing this fact.

Why did this take so long to release?

It has been a very long and tedious project this year, and this year we strived for perfection at first release. There are so many people who deserve credit for their assistance. Hopefully I miss no one here.

Waittilnextyear- made the ratings and pitch edits happen. His ratings play so real to life that I don't have to watch real baseball.

Teeds - his focus on perfection made a huge chunk of the faces used happen last year and pushed me to a new level of high expectation for the roster.

Motown - what can you say about his faces but - WOW

Moss - same as Motown, helped get some last minute faces done

Darionc14 - my ratings entry Guru - every year this guy gets the ratings done fast and accurate

Cultbuscus - my main assistant, jumped in whenever I needed him this year, organized getting the pitch edits done as well

Dynasty Legend - helped firm up rosters when I needed help last minute

Showtyme and DrIllinois - our equipment guys - IMO the most tedious part of the roster edits.

Mattchu - helped get Motowns faces onto SCEA bodies

And of course the entire OSFM team who made the base of this roster.

Thank you all for your patience this year and everyone who offered or gave help. I do these rosters for you.

Enjoy and pleases rate the roster so non OS players will know to try this.
Thanks Willard! Great job! A lot of hard work! Can't wait to download it! Thanks again!
Old 05-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Thank you, Willard and to all of those that played a part in making this possible! I can finally sink my teeth into this game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great work! If I may ask, how were free agents handled? Are they edited to be uniform with the rest of the roster? Thanks again Willard!
Old 05-30-2015, 03:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

Can you tell me the main difference between this set and OSFM v.2 aside from 40 man and pitch edits? You mentioned this was based off v.1 instead of v.2. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Its been my pleasure working on this, and I wanna throw out shoutouts again to my pitch edits team:

jb12780
Smooth Pancakes
dhill14
jermars666
and honorary mention to QuestGAV for putting together our original set of pitch edits.

Without all of you, I couldn't have gotten the pitch edits done in under 48 hours. You all were fantastic.

And finally, thank you to everyone else who workes on it. I an wait to finally dig in when I get home

New York Yankees/New York Giants/New York Knicks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »