Home

Why would you play Durant over LeBron at Power Forward?

This is a discussion on Why would you play Durant over LeBron at Power Forward? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-29-2015, 09:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why would you play Durant over LeBron at Power Forward?

Lebron is a better post defender yet when they play for team USA in real life, Durant plays at power forward and LeBron at small forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #2
QNo
MVP

Re: Why would you play Durant over LeBron at Power Forward?

Durant is taller, Durant has longer arms, Durant is the better rebounder, LeBron is the better perimeter defender. All reasons why you want to put LBJ at the 3 and KD at the 4.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:20 PM   #3
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

[quote=QNo;2047354467]LeBron is the better perimeter defender.

I respectfully disagree here unless you're talking about 2K. LBJ hasn't been a great defender since the 2012-13 season. His effort has been poor and while Kawhi is a young fantastic player, LBJ allowed him to capture last season's finals mvp including averaging 23 ppg on 69%FG in the last 3 games of the series. On top of that, he's been worse this season.

KD has made great strides every single season and his improved footspeed (hopefully he heals) combined with his abnormal length won't surprise me if I see him win a dpoy in the future, albeit it will probably come with reduced scoring since no perimeter player had the ability to win dpoy and the scoring title in a single other than "His Airness".
PF: Vacant/Ruby Draymond/Ruby Bosh
C: Diamond Mikan/Ruby Towns

Last edited by SaruAqua; 05-29-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:05 PM   #4
MVP

[quote=SaruAqua;2047354545]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
LeBron is the better perimeter defender.

I respectfully disagree here unless you're talking about 2K. LBJ hasn't been a great defender since the 2012-13 season. His effort has been poor and while Kawhi is a young fantastic player, LBJ allowed him to capture last season's finals mvp including averaging 23 ppg on 69%FG in the last 3 games of the series. On top of that, he's been worse this season.

KD has made great strides every single season and his improved footspeed (hopefully he heals) combined with his abnormal length won't surprise me if I see him win a dpoy in the future, albeit it will probably come with reduced scoring since no perimeter player had the ability to win dpoy and the scoring title in a single other than "His Airness".
Yes, but we're not talking about real life, we're talking about the video game.

And Lebron now is still better than KD defensively. He just slacked off more than he usually does on that end.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:01 AM   #5
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

Durant is also clearly a better stretch 4 if your team shoots 3's a lot like mine. I like Durant dragging bigs out to the 3 line and still knocking em down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 02:03 AM   #6
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

[quote=SaruAqua;2047354545]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
LeBron is the better perimeter defender.

why would you think he was talking about his defense IRL in a myteam sub forum
Old 05-31-2015, 05:10 AM   #7
MVP

both in real life and in game, LBJ is great as a point forward, initiating attacks, running the fast break, initiatink pick n rolls,getting assists etc. In a 4 out in, KD is fantastic in catch and shoot, plus his post fade is gret both ingame/irl.

In my mind KD should start more games as PF IRL too. He is a monster in Team USA when he does. Defending against Aldridge or Griffin would ben an issue, but he could guard the Center or team have a strong SF that could guard these guys switching in defense.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:01 AM   #8
MVP

[quote=yungsta404;2047354900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaruAqua

why would you think he was talking about his defense IRL in a myteam sub forum
Maybe because he spoke about team usa?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »