Home

Is it wrong to try not pitch in the zone .vs human players?

This is a discussion on Is it wrong to try not pitch in the zone .vs human players? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-26-2015, 06:11 PM   #1
Rookie

Chetballard's Arena

OVR: 3
Is it wrong to try not pitch in the zone .vs human players?

I have had no luck in getting legends or cards in packs etc. My team is an 83 or 84 overall. My best player is Rizzo and my highest rated pitcher is 86. So
I have to play smart to win .vs all these dream teams.

To get on topic I am playing teams that are leaps and bounds better than me player wise, but I still win a good amount. I do not have the offense to catch up if i get behind by a great deal, so I try to pitch on the corners of the zone etc. The last few days I have had opponents with team full of legends that I beat. Not all but a fair amount have message me that i cant pitch. I vary my pitches all over the place and I do not always try to nibble the corners.

Basically the messages are the same, with people calling me a jerk because of the way i pitch. I am sorry but am i jerk? I don't see anything wrong with pitching smart. My team era is 2.67 with a 27-27 record so really that's not that good. Those people chose to swing at my pitches, and you can see with my record I am easily beatable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Is it wrong to try not pitch in the zone .vs human players?

Don't worry about if they want meat pitches all game tell them to play on rookie. I throw corners all day. If they cant hit that high fastball I keep pitching it. I sometimes throw a curve and they can hit that offspeed so i go back to throwing the high heat corners. I'm same as you don't have a stack team so I try play smart also a breakeven player .500%
Old 05-26-2015, 06:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

OVR: 0

Just respond with "Not my fault you can't lay off a changeup in the dirt or high fastball"
Old 05-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #4
Banned

If you're 15-20 pitches per inning, that's kind of lame. No real life pitcher would get away with that and survive the bigs for long. People that pitch this way are abusing the fresh pen.

If you're 5-12ish pitches per inning, doesn't matter what you're throwing. It's their fault for swinging at balls.

You don't need golds to pitch well. Plenty of great silver and bronze SPs. I have a few gold SPs now for fun, but I got myself to 1800+ using silvers, bronzes and even a few commons. I also play with a budget team. My lineup still only has 1 gold. It's a grind when I get above 1750, but that's a lot more fun than winning 10-2.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #5
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I wish there was an easy way to find out everyone's walks per innings pitched so we can compare. I'm sure I probably tend to pitch in the zone too much. Through 130 games played I only have 67 walks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 07:14 PM   #6
Rookie

frasety's Arena

I also had someone message me something similar.. except he paused in the first inning to message me and said throw strikes. I told him it's called pitching, if you don't like it don't play online. He then proceeded to make it a very difficult game for me to play, kept intentionally walking the first batter of the inning so he could constantly throw pick offs. It took 1.5 hours to finish a 6 inning game, luckily i mercied him in the 6th or it could have gone on forever!

I am a free swinger but I don't blame my opponent for it. It's the hitters fault for not laying off those pitches. If I notice someone is throwing a lot out of the zone, I just lay off and work his pitchers so I can get destroyed by their bullpen haha.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

In the end it's their fault not yours. No offense to you but I'd LOVE to play someone like you. If you are gonna nibble at the corners and get me swinging on curves or off speed stuff in the dirt I'll take those pitches and walks. I actually just got a message from a guy that I just played complimenting me on my check swing and that I had a really good eye. I feed on ppl that will try and make me swing at bad pitches. I rather face that then someone that's gonna pound me with strikes all game. When that happens I have a hard time getting the other guys pitcher out bc he's thrown 70 pitches by the 4th. If anything you are doing it right in my opinion. I have never once message a person in spite bc they threw out of the zone a lot. Sooner or later they gotta come in with a pitch and then I can turn on it. Only time I get agrivated is when they pound you with fastballs up and in all game and even sitting on that pitch I'll foul it off or Pop out more often then not. And once they see me swinging at it they will buckle me with a hard change and if I'm lucky then I can check it. Had a guy do this to me last night in a 1-1 game in the 8th until finally teddy ball game got on top of one and hit a 3 run homer to make him rage quit.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Just out of curiousity what's your rating bc maybe that could be part of the reason based on the types of ppl your playing. I'm 99-70 with a rating of 1688

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »