Home

Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see?

This is a discussion on Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see?

Last week, Rex came on here and posted that WR/DB interactions was the first of many gameplay improvements to be announced in the weeks to come. What other gameplay improvements are you hoping to see announced?

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-19-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

I know you know what improvements they made so are you going to tell us if we want to see is in lol

Besides WR/DB Id like to see run responsibilities/gap fits, weight speed strength and momentum affecting animations, true coverage disguises, Wr/DB matchups (pick what corner you want to cover what reciever), tiered play calling, tiered animations( 95 finesse move guys have better moves than 80 finesse move guys etc), coverage shading that works

Last edited by SolidSquid; 05-19-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Left something out
Old 05-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Besides WR/DB interactions, what other gameplay improvements are you hoping to se

Quarterbacks actually throwing inaccurate passes and having incomplete passes that hit the ground, or sail to the sidelines. Quarterbacks that scramble or throw the ball away under pressure.

Basically, quarterback play needs a complete overhaul
Old 05-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #4
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Quarterbacks actually throwing inaccurate passes and having incomplete passes that hit the ground, or sail to the sidelines. Quarterbacks that scramble or throw the ball away under pressure.

Just to add to this make the ratings matter. It shouldn't be random inaccurate passes but aaron Rodgers should throw significantly less inaccurate throws than Geno Smith. Peyton shouldn't try to scramble as much as RG3
Old 05-19-2015, 10:16 AM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I know you know what improvements they made so are you going to tell us if we want to see is in lol

Besides WR/DB Id like to see run responsibilities/gap fits, weight speed strength and momentum affecting animations, true coverage disguises, Wr/DB matchups (pick what corner you want to cover what reciever), tiered play calling, tiered animations( 95 finesse move guys have better moves than 80 finesse move guys etc), coverage shading that works
What are you talking about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 10:34 AM   #6
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

I just had this discussion with someone the other day and I don't know why but I'm seeing all of those things in my CFM right now. I just played a game last night and Cassell(CPU)threw 4-5 inaccurate passes, one into the ground, and threw 2-3 away. I play default all-pro, he was 16/27.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid

^^This here; general football fundamentals being played out...Attributes that matter...Sliders with detailed explanations of what they do...

I want to see OL/DL interactions work realistically...I am tired of OL players dropping into pass blocking, for example, and then sliding out of position to the left or right of the LOS...
Old 05-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #8
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I just had this discussion with someone the other day and I don't know why but I'm seeing all of those things in my CFM right now. I just played a game last night and Cassell(CPU)threw 4-5 inaccurate passes, one into the ground, and threw 2-3 away. I play default all-pro, he was 16/27.
Very interesting

I didn't see it all in all my time with M15. I tried numerous slider/setting combos. Can you post a video of this gameplay you're seeing? I've seen very very few people claim they see realistic QB play in M15 without dropping accuracy below 6.

And I guess, furthermore, if there is some weird thing that the new QB inaccuracies touted in m15 somehow get disabled when people mess with sliders or don't play on default all-pro, that definitely needs to be fixed, big time.

It seems like right now a lot of sliders and setting don't really work anymore, i think it's a Frankenstein of coding brought over from the previous gen engine and just needs to be repaired from the top down. Some sliders/settings seem to really not do anything at all

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »