Home

Franchise GM Contract Question

This is a discussion on Franchise GM Contract Question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-18-2015, 11:32 PM   #1
Rookie

KidKoopa22's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise GM Contract Question

I've been doing a Brewers franchise, and I just finished my 2nd 3 year contract as the GM. After the first contract expired I was given the option of staying with the team or signing on with one of the few other clubs that offered me a contract. I stayed with Milwaukee for a 2nd 3 year deal and just completed the deal. Each year I met the Contract Goals and won a few World Series. However, when my contract was up this time it automatically renewed a new 3 year deal and kept me with Milwaukee. I was looking forward to seeing the other offers I got having been very successful this contract.

Does this happen to everyone? Or after you stay with a team for a while does it always automatically renew your contract? Thanks for any info, and sorry if someone has made a thread about this before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 06:33 AM   #2
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Franchise GM Contract Question

I'm assuming you are using 30 team control. The gm screen is visible, but does not function the way single team control does. Only a visual cue of budget and owner approval.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I'm assuming you are using 30 team control. The gm screen is visible, but does not function the way single team control does. Only a visual cue of budget and owner approval.
He cant be using 30 team control if he is in his 3rd contract set. He said he was offered a second contract to stay with Milwaukee for his second 3 year deal.

OP I believe if you complete all of year goals, both year and contract, you automatically stay with your current team. Or maybe you accidentally accepted the new deal. I am not sure as I have not accomplished all of my goals yet.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
Rookie

KidKoopa22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
He cant be using 30 team control if he is in his 3rd contract set. He said he was offered a second contract to stay with Milwaukee for his second 3 year deal.

OP I believe if you complete all of year goals, both year and contract, you automatically stay with your current team. Or maybe you accidentally accepted the new deal. I am not sure as I have not accomplished all of my goals yet.
I believe it was simply a bug in the game, as I had completed my goals in the previous contract. I had a save file from just prior to the offseason, and went back and loaded it up a few times. The first few times the contract automatically put me on the Brewers, but the third time the message popped up about my contract expiring. So I guess if it doesn't appear right away just make sure you have a save from before and keep going back and doing it.

Last edited by KidKoopa22; 05-19-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKoopa22
I believe it was simply a bug in the game, as I had completed my goals in the previous contract. I had a save file from just prior to the offseason, and went back and loaded it up a few times. The first few times the contract automatically put me on the Brewers, but the third time the message popped up about my contract expiring. So I guess if it doesn't appear right away just make sure you have a save from before and keep going back and doing it.
Are you using 30 team control or single team control? The reason I ask is because I use single team control but when I carried over my franchise it automatically put me in GM mode which I don't want to be in.

I wonder if this is a similar occasional but or if it always happens.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:10 PM   #6
Rookie

KidKoopa22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Are you using 30 team control or single team control? The reason I ask is because I use single team control but when I carried over my franchise it automatically put me in GM mode which I don't want to be in.

I wonder if this is a similar occasional but or if it always happens.
I'm single team control and have been for the entire franchise.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:36 PM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKoopa22
I'm single team control and have been for the entire franchise.
That's interesting. I wonder if the carry over saves bug happens every time or just sometimes.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
That's interesting. I wonder if the carry over saves bug happens every time or just sometimes.
Carry over saves automatically use GM contract mode. It's not a bug, but rather a design choice.

It caused me to abandon my carry over save because I didn't want to mess with it. I just want to play as the Cardinals.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »