Home

Missing Player Byrce Harper

This is a discussion on Missing Player Byrce Harper within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Missing Player Byrce Harper

This season I continued my season from 2014 on the PS4. I play as the Cardinals. Early in the season I played the Nats and noticed Harper was not in the lineup and just figured he was injured but did not look. I am currently playing them in August and still no Harper. I pulled up their roster and he is not there. I search for him and he can not be found. I go to the first Nat game and he is not on the line score. I load last season up and he is on the DL with a torn MCL at the end of post season. I load the start of the this season and he is still not there. I go back and sim the off season making sure he does not retire and I see no issues. I sim right to regular season and he is there. What happened? Where did he go? Any clue what could have happened to him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 11:56 AM   #2
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Missing Player Byrce Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten
This season I continued my season from 2014 on the PS4. I play as the Cardinals. Early in the season I played the Nats and noticed Harper was not in the lineup and just figured he was injured but did not look. I am currently playing them in August and still no Harper. I pulled up their roster and he is not there. I search for him and he can not be found. I go to the first Nat game and he is not on the line score. I load last season up and he is on the DL with a torn MCL at the end of post season. I load the start of the this season and he is still not there. I go back and sim the off season making sure he does not retire and I see no issues. I sim right to regular season and he is there. What happened? Where did he go? Any clue what could have happened to him?

It definitely sounds like he had a career ending injury, but you specifically said he didn't retire, sooo I have no idea.

On that note, I think young guys retiring with torn ACL's/MCL's in this game is completely unrealistic. Nobody is forced to retire young with these kinds of injuries anymore. It's a 9 month recovery at worst these days, some guys come back after 6-7 months now.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

This also happened in my rtts career.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #4
Where is A-Aron

bspring3's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten
My guess is the first time you did the offseason, he retired because of injury. Then when you loaded up a second time and did the offseason a second time, the game did not have him retire. This is just a guess but if you do the offseason multiple times from your previous save, you will see Harper retire sometimes and not the remainder.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »