Home

Good cheap Onyx players

This is a discussion on Good cheap Onyx players within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-16-2015, 03:45 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Good cheap Onyx players

I have 20K MT, and I already have a good/decent team.

Team is: Gold Lillard-Ruby Wade-Gold LBJ-Ruby Bosh-Sapph. Yao and a bench of Gold Kyrie-Emerald Matthews-Onyx Wallace-Gold Griffin-Gold Cousins as my bench with fillers of Sapph. PG13 and Gold Moncrief and Silver Vince Carter.

I want to mess around with my team and fill them with some cheaper Onyx players that not many people use such as Joe Johnson, Mo Williams, Bosh, Amar'e, Harrington, etc. You get the point lol how much would these type of guys go for and how many could I get you think? I would sell some players I have but they only go for like 5K max lol. My Wade and LBJ are most expensive players I have I think, and I don't really want to sell those guys. Have been quite busy and not been able to get on 2k in a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 04:57 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Good cheap Onyx players

You better buy your Onyx players on thursdays or fridays because of the cheaper prices. Good buys are Scola, Gasol, Brand, Boozer for around 2k each. You can get Mo Williams for around 3k and best cheap Onyx buy IMO World B. Free for under 5k. Also nice for under 4k Kaman and Terry for around 5k. Monta & D-Will are also nice. Just wait until thursday after the new TBT cards will drop and then keep an eye on the market. Those cheap Onyx cards are the best bang you can get for a small price. Johnson costs around 8k, Amar'e around 20k on TBT days.

Last edited by Abstruso; 05-16-2015 at 05:00 AM.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:44 AM   #3
Rookie

Onyx mo is very good as a spark plug. Badge him out and he is great. He is my sixth man for a long time and he is always there to light up a spark with a couple of threes off the bench.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #4
Pro

For under 5K the guys you definitely want are Mo Williams and Luis Scola
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)
Old 05-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #5
QNo
MVP

Jet is similar to Mo, I prefer him. Gerald Wallace is also great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 02:53 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Jameer Nelson is really cheap for how good of a shooter he is. But you can only use him in games where the opponent has a small PG or SG to hide Jameer on defense. And since Jameer is bad at passing, driving, and finishing in the paint, you'll need to have a lineup where the SG/SF/PF is your primary ball handler.

I use him in my all-time Orlando Magic second unit, which consists of:

Jameer, Courtney Lee (90 moving three), Rashard Lewis, Hedo Turkoglu, Dwight Howard

I use Hedo as the PG in that squad and let him handle the ball all the time while Jameer just spots up for threes. The last game I played, Jameer had 14 points in 7 minutes:
Attached Images
File Type: png jameer.png (239.4 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by jyoung; 05-16-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
Pro

Aight thanks guys going to try and check them out some time this weekend or just wait until thursday again so they are cheaper like you said.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sorry for the quasi hijack, but

Is Onyx Oscar worth the price of admission? I have Sapphire and he does exactly what I need, drive then dish, zip the ball to teammates, and knock down WIDE OPEN shots.

The increased speed, D, and Shooting has me interested.

What's a fair price, what's a good price, and what is highway robbery?

PS4, but wouldn't mind XB1 comparisons on prices too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »