Home

Prospect and other player call ups

This is a discussion on Prospect and other player call ups within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Prospect and other player call ups

Just wondering how everyone decides that it is time to call up a prospect to take over in the feild or on the mound for them. Do you wait until they are at a specific overall or just until you think you can play good with them. Also when do you call up just a good minor league player to take over a utility or bench spot.

For those of you doing 30 team control do you just let the CPU teams call up players or do you force call ups to take over for players that are within a certain overall, or do you have a differnt system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2015, 10:34 AM   #2
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Prospect and other player call ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawkprime 21
Just wondering how everyone decides that it is time to call up a prospect to take over in the feild or on the mound for them. Do you wait until they are at a specific overall or just until you think you can play good with them. Also when do you call up just a good minor league player to take over a utility or bench spot.

For those of you doing 30 team control do you just let the CPU teams call up players or do you force call ups to take over for players that are within a certain overall, or do you have a differnt system.
I personally will only bring up a player with a rating in the 70s and will wait until they are hot before calling them up. Just like in real life you want to ensure they will have success as best you can, otherwise, their development could regress.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:00 PM   #3
Rookie

kevin_bondra's Arena

I'm the same way, I wait to call them up. Especially if you're rebuilding like I am (playing with the Rockies), no rush in calling them up. At least 70+ rating and I generally wait until they're at minimum 21 years old.

Not to derail the thread, but I had my draft last night and once you are done and go to sign them, you can see the actual potential ratings for each player (i.e. 97, 99, etc.). Is there anyway to see the actual potential rating for all other players on your team, or just those newly drafted guys?
Old 05-13-2015, 12:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

You can see all of your players actual potential by going to edit player, attributes.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:21 PM   #5
Rookie

kevin_bondra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox
You can see all of your players actual potential by going to edit player, attributes.
Didn't know this, thank you good sir.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2015, 02:06 PM   #6
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4

I base my call ups on Injuries when it comes to my MLB roster. A-AAA i will send down/ call up in those ranks depending on how they play each month. Crick (i am using SF) had a good first month in AA so i promoted him to AAA and vice versa for players not playing well. i try to get players sitting in A some AB's in AA when i can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »