Home

New leagues for FIFA 16?

This is a discussion on New leagues for FIFA 16? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 AM   #1
Rookie

Fabric's Arena

OVR: 9
New leagues for FIFA 16?

So, with FIFA 16 announcements just around the corner at E3, what new leagues are you hoping for in 16?

As a Dane, in regards to career mode, the dream would be the Danish 1. Division but I realize that that is highly unlikely. I'm hoping that they add some more Eastern European leagues (like the Ukrainian Premier League, Czech Synot Liga or Hungarian OTP Bank Liga), a lower league from one of the present major leagues in 15 (like the German 3. Liga or the Dutch Eerste Divisie), and I also feel the Greek Super League is long overdue. Of course it would also be awesome if the Brazilian Serie A made a return, but since PES currently holds the rights I don't see that happening! I would also love it if they added the Icelandic Pepsideild but again that is also highly unlikely

Last edited by Fabric; 05-12-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 08:57 AM   #2
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: New leagues for FIFA 16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabric
So, with FIFA 16 announcements just around the corner with 16 probably being revealed at E3, which new leagues are you hoping for?

As a Dane, in regards to career mode, the dream would be the Danish 1. Division but I realize that that is highly unlikely. I'm hoping that they add some more Eastern European leagues (like the Ukrainian Premier League, Czech Synot Liga or Hungarian OTP Bank Liga), a lower league from one of the present major leagues in 15 (like Bundesliga 3 or the Dutch Eerste Divisie), and I also feel the Greek Super League is long overdue.
We often don't get this information until closer to release due to the way the licensing process works. The licenses simply aren't locked in when the game is first announced.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Fabric's Arena

OVR: 9

I know, but it's always fun to speculate and discuss what people are hoping for - even if there is still a ways to go

For instance: would you like them to add the NASL to 16?
Old 05-12-2015, 11:31 AM   #4
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd love to see NASL in FIFA 16. I always played NASL seasons in last-gen FIFA, but the removal of Creation Centre on current-gen killed that for me.

This will probably not be the popular opinion due to the number of English leagues already in the game, but the league(s) I want to see most in FIFA is the Football (Vanarama) Conference, North and South. WIth the lower tiers we could also see a larger disparity in talent, lots of players in the 30-40 range.

Also, please give us smaller grounds in the 4,000-5,000 seating range, complete with rickety stands and muddy pitches.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:36 AM   #5
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12

If you believe the stories about Konami being in trouble, I can see EA chomping at the bit to pounce on some of those PES licenses when/if the time comes.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2015, 12:29 PM   #6
Rookie

wsatterwhite's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm not sure if entire leagues would need to be added but at least some of the top teams from the smaller European leagues added to Rest of the World so that the European competitions could be replicated a bit better. Also some Central American league if it allows for a CONCACAF Champions League type tournament.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #7
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsatterwhite
Also some Central American league if it allows for a CONCACAF Champions League type tournament.
I've been wanting this too. The thing is, aside from MLS and Liga MX, the only leagues I ever see advance very far in CCL is Costa Rica and maybe Honduras.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 05-12-2015, 07:10 PM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Weren't the NASL themselves reporting they'd reached an agreement to be included in FIFA 16?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »