Home

In RttS do teams use strategy?

This is a discussion on In RttS do teams use strategy? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-03-2015, 03:45 AM   #1
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

OVR: 0
In RttS do teams use strategy?

Playing rtts and enjoying it for the most part but one thing bugs me. Either I am missing something or you don't get signs to steal or bunt or whatever. Neither teams seem to use shifts or any other strategies really. Closest thing I have seen to strategy is when you get put in to pinch hit when you don't start.

Is there a setting I am missing or something? Seems like a pretty big oversight from an outfit who's slogan used to be "if it's in the game, it's in the game". Wouldn't be the first time but still.

The addition of directional hitting would be a bit more interesting if you needed to aim away from a shift at times.

On the positive side I love how quickly you can get through games. Really makes rtts a great mode.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2015, 10:19 AM   #2
Rookie

CSUFresnoClassof2011's Arena

Re: In RttS do teams use strategy?

That was EA Sports slogan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2015, 02:36 AM   #3
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

I'll be dammed, I knew it was eas slogan just for some reason I thought mlb the show was ea product.

Anyway anyone have an answer? Am I missing a setting?

Slogan not withstanding the game having no strategy to implement in the Road to the Show mode seems weak.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
Rookie

meatgoggles's Arena

I have not noticed any shifting, but it seems that Clint Hurdle has finally discovered the double switch in 2015!. It doesn't happen often, but it is still a significant improvement from last year where I did not experience a double switch once.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #5
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

I've seen the double switch being used and playing as a SS I've had the manager put the shift on with me being moved over to the other side of second base. Comes up like a double play shift would be called.

EDIT: I have been intentionally walked also.

Don't think there is a setting for it, haven't seen it myself.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.

Last edited by YeOldTonk; 05-04-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #6
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

The stuff that I've seen as far as "strategy" was dependent on the situation. For instance, I've been intentionally walked a lot in the late innings and the game is on the line or the infield has played in during the situation of the winning run on third and they have to pitch to me. I do see double switches a lot or did when my RttS was in the NL.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:39 PM   #7
Rookie

The player in my RTTS played the middle infield, so I know that some shifts are in the game. I've been shifted into double play depth as a SS, and a couple times shifted over the bag towards 2B.

What I've never seen in RTTS: getting the steal sign, running a pickoff play at 2B, or being asked to bunt or take a pitch. I've never been asked to cover the bag in a tag-out situation (I suspect this is a product of simming most fielding plays; if I played the field for every pitch, you'd think a tagging play would have to eventually happen).
Old 05-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #8
Rookie

GRob78's Arena

Playing as a RTTS starting pitcher, I've never seen my team use the defensive shift. I've also never seen any calls to walk someone. Honestly, you're entirely autonomous as a pitcher in this game. I was just thinking about how weird it was to not see any defensive shifts in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »