Home

House rules on cutting players?

This is a discussion on House rules on cutting players? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-03-2015, 12:26 AM   #1
ALG
Rookie

OVR: 0
House rules on cutting players?

Does anyone here have house rules on cutting players? I was trying to come up with a few myself to maybe make my dynasty slightly more difficult and I was also hoping that if I cut a few players, maybe some players would transfer to my school or something. The only house rule that came to my mind and I liked was cutting two or three players at the end of every season with the lowest awareness. I'm just not sure if that rule would help or hurt my team overall, because I don't know if I would like cutting a starter if a starter was one of those players.

What is everyone's house rule(s) on cutting players from the team at the end of the season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2015, 12:30 AM   #2
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: House rules on cutting players?

My house rule is that I don't over recruit (I can only offer enough recruits to give me 70 total) and I never cut anyone.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-03-2015, 06:51 AM   #3
ALG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
My house rule is that I don't over recruit (I can only offer enough recruits to give me 70 total) and I never cut anyone.
Interesting, I have tried to not over recruit before, but I just can never go through with it. Nothing wrong with how you recruit though, just can never do it myself for whatever reason. It's fascinating to me how different players have different house rules depending on how they play the game.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #4
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

I always cut any player that is automatically added that I didn't offer a scholarship. Even with recruiting assistance turned off, the CPU will sometimes add players to your class. Most of the time they're low rated players, but occasionally they are decent to good players, and they must go regardless.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 05-03-2015, 03:08 PM   #5
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
I always cut any player that is automatically added that I didn't offer a scholarship. Even with recruiting assistance turned off, the CPU will sometimes add players to your class. Most of the time they're low rated players, but occasionally they are decent to good players, and they must go regardless.

I didn't mention it, but I cut all of these guys too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 09:44 AM   #6
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

I am the same as jello... I try not to over recruit. I only recruit up to 70 but I do recruit two extra recruits in case someone transfers or leaves for the draft. If I have to cut someone, it's at most 2 players. This makes me be more mindful of who I need to recruit and allows me to get more quality players than quantity.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #7
Rookie

I do the following
  1. never cut seniors
  2. never cut anyone who would legitimately be on the 2 deep roster (3 deep at positions like RB/QB)
  3. only ever cut freshmen (RS freshmen included) if there are no other upper classmen left to cut that don't match the first two criteria

The reason for this is to self-simulate having players that practice only actually quit the team and to regulate the amount of convenience cutting I can perform. If there are sophomores and juniors I want on my roster that aren't in the 2-deep, then the restriction on not being able to cut freshmen of any kind first is a nice little incentive to not over recruit.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Like most, I try not to over-recruit. If I do, however, I only cut fifth-year seniors. Teams in real life often lose fifth year seniors as it's possible they may have graduated and left school. Makes it difficult, you may have to cut some quality players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »