Home

My Team is 2K's biggest money maker....At least make it good!

This is a discussion on My Team is 2K's biggest money maker....At least make it good! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-01-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Arrow My Team is 2K's biggest money maker....At least make it good!

These things absolutely MUST be in My Team next year:

1) RTTP leaderboards - After winning the first seed there is literally nothing else to do. This is utterly stupid. 2K didn't even add any online tournaments this year like they did in 2K14. Stupid

2) Stat Tracking - We want stats to track how each player on our team is performing. FG% , 3pt%, steals per gm, blocks per gm, the whole nine. This makes it easier for us to compare players and find the right fits for our systems. I am a stats junkie and numbers add a completely new element to the mode. How can you make us play a bball mode and we can't keep track of our own stats?

3) Offline Season Mode - There must be a season mode or something similar where we can just jump into a game offline and play with unrestricted lineups. At the moment, some guys cant even use their full teams in a simple offline game. Utterly ridiculous and lazy on 2K's part.

4) EVERYONE MUST PLAY ON THE SAME DIFFICULTY LEVEL - I cannot believe 2K would allow such a thing in this game. You cannot have 2 players going head to head playing on different difficulties just because of the seed they are in. 2K releases pink diamond players to everyone. So even if you're in seed 5, you can have a team full of Onyx and Pink Diamonds. Like wtf are you devs doing? You cant allow that. Put everyone on the same difficulty no matter what seed they are in. Just restrict certain types of cards in the lower seeds. Because im in seed 1 and still get matched up with players in seed 5 and below and they have an advantage because they are playing on a lower difficulty level. THIS MUST BE CHANGED.

5) Add online challenges - Self explanatory. These offline challenges that they have now are complete garbage. I don't even bother wasting my time playing them. Add online tournaments where you have to win 4-5 games in a row to get exclusive players or something. Make it TOUGH. Everybody in this mode has a Sapphire Wilkins and Yao. Don't make good players easy to obtain. The Sapphire Pippen tournament in 2k14 was brilliant and fun.

You guys who work at 2K need to read this and stop messing around. This mode has so much potential and could be even bigger than MUT and can make a TON of money but you are not doing the right things to get to that point. Make it immersive. Release content more frequently. ADD THE THINGS THAT THE COMMUNITY IS ASKING FOR.

Any other suggestions?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

Last edited by EarvGotti; 05-01-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: My Team is 2K's biggest money maker....At least make it good!

Also, look at the ridiculous cheese in this video below. 2K fixed the zig zagging, 3pt cheese and overall cheese in patch 3, then just reverted everything back in patch 4......

I don't understand this company. Look how many contested shots are made in the video below. PLEASE LOWER SHOT PERCENTAGES ON MOVING SHOTS AND FADEAWAYS NEXT YEAR. ADD MORE DEFENSE TO MY TEAM MODE.

https://youtu.be/nI68mJVsydY
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

Last edited by EarvGotti; 05-01-2015 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

I don't get why they don't just do matchmaking for RttP...make it so that one is matched up against opponents whose average player rating is within +/-X of one's own team's average rating. Like weight classes in boxing. Even the MyNBA2K15 app does matchmaking for Season competitions, grouping opponents by tiers and sub-tiers.

Much better than imposing restrictions by card in lower seeds or unrestricted for higher seeds. Seeds should be determined by experience/wins, and matchmaking within seeds determined by average team rating.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:44 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Play with Friends:
Why have this option in the game if we can't customize settings? We're being force to play 5 min on pro difficulty. Gameplay is trash on pro setting. It seems simple but year after year 2k fails with these kind of things. Play with Friend could've been the best mode in MyTeam but the low difficulty settings ruined it.

I hate that MyTeam this year was gear towards offline play. We need more online modes in MyTeam next year.

XB1
Old 05-01-2015, 10:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
Play with Friends:
Why have this option in the game if we can't customize settings? We're being force to play 5 min on pro difficulty. Gameplay is trash on pro setting. It seems simple but year after year 2k fails with these kind of things. Play with Friend could've been the best mode in MyTeam but the low difficulty settings ruined it.

I hate that MyTeam this year was gear towards offline play. We need more online modes in MyTeam next year.

XB1
Its not really geared toward offline play either. They need more ways to actual play this mode. As of now neither offline nor online fans are satisfied.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 11:22 PM   #6
Rookie

woshihuxingtan's Arena

With no offense, if the movement lag and input delay can't be solved in NBA 2K16 RTTP, then those feature is meaningless.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:52 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
These things absolutely MUST be in My Team next year:

1) RTTP leaderboards - After winning the first seed there is literally nothing else to do. This is utterly stupid. 2K didn't even add any online tournaments this year like they did in 2K14. Stupid

2) Stat Tracking - We want stats to track how each player on our team is performing. FG% , 3pt%, steals per gm, blocks per gm, the whole nine. This makes it easier for us to compare players and find the right fits for our systems. I am a stats junkie and numbers add a completely new element to the mode. How can you make us play a bball mode and we can't keep track of our own stats?

3) Offline Season Mode - There must be a season mode or something similar where we can just jump into a game offline and play with unrestricted lineups. At the moment, some guys cant even use their full teams in a simple offline game. Utterly ridiculous and lazy on 2K's part.

4) EVERYONE MUST PLAY ON THE SAME DIFFICULTY LEVEL - I cannot believe 2K would allow such a thing in this game. You cannot have 2 players going head to head playing on different difficulties just because of the seed they are in. 2K releases pink diamond players to everyone. So even if you're in seed 5, you can have a team full of Onyx and Pink Diamonds. Like wtf are you devs doing? You cant allow that. Put everyone on the same difficulty no matter what seed they are in. Just restrict certain types of cards in the lower seeds. Because im in seed 1 and still get matched up with players in seed 5 and below and they have an advantage because they are playing on a lower difficulty level. THIS MUST BE CHANGED.

5) Add online challenges - Self explanatory. These offline challenges that they have now are complete garbage. I don't even bother wasting my time playing them. Add online tournaments where you have to win 4-5 games in a row to get exclusive players or something. Make it TOUGH. Everybody in this mode has a Sapphire Wilkins and Yao. Don't make good players easy to obtain. The Sapphire Pippen tournament in 2k14 was brilliant and fun.

You guys who work at 2K need to read this and stop messing around. This mode has so much potential and could be even bigger than MUT and can make a TON of money but you are not doing the right things to get to that point. Make it immersive. Release content more frequently. ADD THE THINGS THAT THE COMMUNITY IS ASKING FOR.

Any other suggestions?
Wait...so despite being in a specific seed, you are playing anyone (regardless of seed) who have the same restrictions as you?

Thats complete BS.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:10 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by start it up
Its not really geared toward offline play either. They need more ways to actual play this mode. As of now neither offline nor online fans are satisfied.

There's clearly more offline content then online. They added over 20 challenges all offline. They are catering to offline play with MyTeam this year. MyTeam is suffering from a lack depth, we all can agree with that.

I would love to see some type of wager match in MyTeam next year.

XB1

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »