Home

Long vs. Campbell

This is a discussion on Long vs. Campbell within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-01-2015, 12:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Long vs. Campbell

Which RE do you prefer in that first draft and why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Long vs. Campbell

I never got a chance to play with Chris Long or Calais Campbell on my team, but Chris Long was the better player when I played against them. Campbell was pretty much non-existing, while Long was able to stop my runs and got sacks.

I was able to pick up Tony Bake for my team. He's a monster, averaging 2-3 sacks a game. He's super cheap as well...even at re-signing.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:22 PM   #3
Rookie

See, I'm the opposite. Campbell is always in the hunt for Defensive Rookie of the Year with 8 - 15 sacks when I draft him, but I've never drafted Chris Long. I'm starting a new career and I picked him third. We'll see how it goes.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:20 PM   #4
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

that's pretty tough because I'd use them way different. Campbell has the size to be a 3-4 end, while Long is strictly a 4-3 end... They both should be top 5 picks but of course most people sneak Campbell in round 2. I prefer a 4-3, so I prefer Long, although taking Campbell as the Texans and putting on the other side of Mario Williams is pretty awesome - a pair of monster-sized ends like no other team in the league...
Old 05-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolentmuse
See, I'm the opposite. Campbell is always in the hunt for Defensive Rookie of the Year with 8 - 15 sacks when I draft him, but I've never drafted Chris Long. I'm starting a new career and I picked him third. We'll see how it goes.

Wow...DRoY candidate with only 8-15 sacks for a DL? That's pretty low. Tony Bake is getting me around 40 sacks a season for my Dolphins, while Jason Taylor is getting 10. He didn't do that well for my Saints, and he's a slow learner too, I believe.

In my current season, Chris Long has 25 tackles for loss yardage (50 tackles total), while Campbell has 7 (12 tackles total).

The main problem with Long for me is that he's expensive, with him being a Top 5 pick and all. I would trade down my pick, so that's why I will never get a chance to have Long on my team. Campbell is always gone in the 2nd round by the time it gets to my pick, but Bake is still around in the 5th round or later (and sometime even undrafted).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 11:09 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk326
Wow...DRoY candidate with only 8-15 sacks for a DL? That's pretty low. Tony Bake is getting me around 40 sacks a season for my Dolphins, while Jason Taylor is getting 10.
That isn't all that low considering the actual NFL record is only a little over 20 sacks in a season. If you're getting 40 sacks from one player in a season you've got super easy sliders so it's not much of a comparison. I prefer a more realistic challenge when I play.

For the record, I've never taken Bake even though I know about him because of my house rules not that I would take him anyway; I never take players with learning under 50.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:41 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolentmuse
That isn't all that low considering the actual NFL record is only a little over 20 sacks in a season. If you're getting 40 sacks from one player in a season you've got super easy sliders so it's not much of a comparison. I prefer a more realistic challenge when I play.

For the record, I've never taken Bake even though I know about him because of my house rules not that I would take him anyway; I never take players with learning under 50.

My sliders are just whatever the default setting is (which has everything at 50, I believe). I tried to change the sliders to make it harder, but they just kept going back to the default, so I gave up on adjusting the sliders.

For some reason, Bake just clicked with my Dolphins team. I don't think the DL coach is that good to make him that great. The only setting I changed for the Dolphins vs. my Saints was to look for Prototype DL. Also, with Bake, who is a natural at RE, I played him at LE because I already have Jason Taylor at RE...so Bake may be taking on the weaker Tackle on the opposing team, while Taylor is taking on the better Tackle. I also have Glenn Dorsey and Dre Moore at DTs, so my DL is pretty awesome and would wreck havoc on most opposing OL. Dorsey and Moore didn't do much the first season, but in the 2nd season, Dorsey did rack up 13 sacks. Moore is still a mystery for me, as for why he hasn't performed much, even though his overall is like at 90...while Bake is still only at 81.

I'm starting season 3, and just traded Taylor away for a first round pick. We'll see if Bake can still perform at the monster level now that he will be playing at RE, and without his sacking partner.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

It really depends on what you want from your DT. Moore is a good DT if you want him to plug the run but he is not a one-gap pass rusher. In fact, he would be terrible at that. So he may be a 90 based on your scheme choice for your DT's but if you change him to being a one-gap rusher he wouldn't even be average. Keep that in mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »