Home

Players I should get while the market is tanked?

This is a discussion on Players I should get while the market is tanked? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-29-2015, 04:45 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Players I should get while the market is tanked?

I played Myteam briefly when the game came out but my team of bronzes would get wrecked in domination mode (I'm not great at the game) and I rage quit.

I recently had the itch to try again lately and I noticed that the market had tanked. Picked up a bunch of players like Lillard, Howard, Johnson, Dirk, etc. and now I'm easily winning games.

Any players under 20k that are must have players that I should attempt to get before the ruby packs are pulled and the market returns to normal?

I was eyeing Gold Kevin Durant at 16k and Onyx World B. Free at 13k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 04:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Players I should get while the market is tanked?

Only grab players you can live with keeping. If you're thinking about using them, go for it.

I wouldn't touch World B Free, for instance. I don't think he's desirable enough to rise much.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:00 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNettles
Only grab players you can live with keeping. If you're thinking about using them, go for it.

I wouldn't touch World B Free, for instance. I don't think he's desirable enough to rise much.
Can you explain why?

Even if I hate the player, their price will rise slightly after the market crash, netting me a tiny profit, right?
Old 04-29-2015, 05:08 AM   #4
Pro

You can get LBJ for under 20k ATM. Also nice Ruby Wade & Garnett for 8k. (PS4)
Old 04-29-2015, 05:16 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
Can you explain why?

Even if I hate the player, their price will rise slightly after the market crash, netting me a tiny profit, right?
In the chance that the market never does rise, at least you'll have a player you like using.

In the case that the market takes forever to rise, like several weeks, at least you have a player you can use.

And, if you like them, chances are others do too, meaning they're more likely to rise due to the higher demand. World, for example, fits in to me like Ruby Cheeks. A fine card, but the price point doesn't make sense and it's not useful enough for challenges nor is he a fan favorite. I'd never bet on cards like that to rise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 05:19 AM   #6
Pro

Ruby Wade - Ranges from 7-13K
Gold LeBron - Ranges from 17-23K
Emerald Wes Matthews - Ranges from 4-6K
Gold D12 - Ranges from 4-8K
Gold Paul George - Ranges From 5-10K
Gold LA - Ranges from 3-7K
Onyx Wallace - Ranges from 2-4K

Gold Melo and Kobe are really cheap too but can't remember prices. I would literally just look at random color cards on every team and see what players there are. Or look at players you like. Only super expensive cards will be The big name Onyx/gem cards such as Onyx Kobe, Onyx T-Mac, Onyx LBJ, Onyx Rose, Ruby MJ, etc.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:44 PM   #7
MVP

Gold Lebron is the most no-brainer acquisition at current prices. No other player has as much positive impact for the same amount of MT, both offensively and defensively. Play cheesy on the computer and put Lebron at PG. He will abuse opposing PGs on offense, will smother them on defense, will wreak havoc in passing lanes, reliably hit streaking fast breakers for easy dunks and layups, will attract double-teams galore, can be perpetually hot, and swish open threes. It's ridiculous how much he changes the game and the only thing that replaces a Gold Lebron is a gem Lebron.

The only reason not to get Lebron is because you don't want to make life easy on yourself.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #8
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

I picked up Gold Dr. J a couple of days ago. I had no idea that the market had tanked or if he's even any good in MyTeam, all I know is he's one of my all-time favorites, I saw 7,000 BIN and clicked before I could even think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »