Home

MLB on FOX: 2015 Opening Day Rosters

This is a discussion on MLB on FOX: 2015 Opening Day Rosters within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-25-2015, 01:25 PM   #1
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB on FOX: 2015 Opening Day Rosters

These rosters called MLB on FOX are being created by only 2 people working on them so of course there release date a lot longer to get everything than done than your OSFM or Revision rosters. I can promise you though the wait will be worth it as these rosters we take our time on and don't get in a hurry or rush to put something out there. I have been doing rosters since probably the Sega days and believe to be known for a lot of knowledge about baseball and I take this knowledge and passion for the game and put out these rosters. You can expect full accuracy, detailed of players information, ages, equipment and appearance.

What all were done or is being currently worked on with your MLB on FOX rosters?

1. The very first thing I do every year is make a Height & Weight correction list that I give to SCEA developers and for about 3 years now have added all my corrections into there first couple of roster updates at the beginning of the year.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-update.html

2. Remove all fake players including developers who were added to the game by importing my DEFAULT PITCHER and DEFAULT BATTER I made. This project is based off of SCEA 4/20/15 official roster update.

3. We use the latest Hybrid re-rating system done by WTNY, Willard and crew. A complete full re-rated roster overhaul that includes all SCEA players and created players and prospects. Data was based off ZiPs and Oliver projections.

4. Pitch edits using Seanjeezy’s pitch edits from 2014. We would have like to have his 2015 spread sheet to use for this year and we reached out to him several times, but was unable to get a response and we still believe the pitch edits Sean did for 2014 are still pretty accurate going forward.

5. Full review and alterations of created player faces. Every created player has been redone from my 2014 opening day roster that we converted to MLB 15.

6. Set the MLB rosters first with what I have saved from April 5, 2015. I will Import any missing players and make sure to check jersey numbers, height and weight, age and make sure there names added to the data base.

7. Rotations, bullpens and lineups will be set for only the MLB only. These all will be accurate as of Opening Day 4/5/2015.

8. Equipment changes and updates done as accurately as possible base off the first week of baseball using MLB.tv.

I will go over every single player under "ALL" from ORIOLES - GIANTS and make sure they either have above elbow or 3/4 jersey if there was no undershirt given. I will make adjustments to catchers equipment for regular players that had team color 1 then all default. Give all players walk up music that do not have it.

9. Audio names were given to all created players if it was found in the data base. If there name was not in the data base they were not given any name.

10. All Jersey numbers corrected to 40 man roster and current minor league number who was not on there teams 40 man roster as of opening day.

11. All created players have correct name spelling, making sure names are in data base, height and weight is matched with mlb.com and there age, service time is correct with MLB reference.

12. All players have new ratings to run smooth with new sim engine.

13. All Pitching motions and Batter stances have been updated if there's are not currently in the game. If there stance or pitch motion is on the game we try to keep it a close to that as possible, but know that some guys think there stance or motion is a little off and change it to a closer one for that player.

14. If we have room in the end I will add many 2015 Draft picks and international players.

15. All minor league teams except single a will have exactly who they should have as of opening day regardless if a guy is older, a career minor league player etc.. If there on the roster in real life we add them we don't keep a player off our rosters to make room for another younger player.

{I might changed every catchers equipment to team color and make sure the colors are correct. This is a personal preference as the way it was before with 2 different color just looks bad on the game even though the players may where this style in real life just looks bad on the game, so i wanted to at least make it look visually better.}

*I will raise all long relievers stamina to close to what starters have for low level starters. All 30 teams will have at least 1 long releiver with mid stamina.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

A few suggestions you need to know or keep in mind if you choose to use these rosters.

1. It will play as close to life as you can get out of a video game. Players sim stats after many tests n a online franchise come back within 1% of the current 2015 MLB numbers.

2. You may find that sliders will help with in game accuracy. I suggest using our MLB on FOX sliders or at the very least put starter stamina at 7 and reliever stamina at 5.

3. All FA players who spend more than half the season as a free agent, sometimes less will retire at the end of Season 1 in franchise mode.

4. Do not complain about this roster! We don’t get paid to do this and offer this to community because we want too. We have spent well over 1000 hours making these rosters as myself have created over 1500 created faces by myself.

5. Drafted players will enter the roster after Season 1 a little higher than our current ratings setup, knock each player back 5-10 ratings points to get them in line - or allow some phenoms to enter the roster - this can’t be helped and really if you have seen the faces on draftees - they need edits anyway.

A special thanks to WTNY, willard, teeds and those guys who did the hybrid ratings sheet in the off season. I tip my hat to those guys they did a really fantastic job making things a little easier for us to get started with this project of our own.

Thanks to Motown81 & Aroid1313 for making a few faces on MLB 15 upon request.

and to seanjeezy for quality pitch edits over the last 3 years.

__________________________________________________ __________________

"These are in the stage of imputing triple a players ratings and editing a few more faces of 9/03/15. ORIOLES - CARDINALS all have there ratings updated. I would say these are about 80% complete. I am going to rework every single created triple A player in the NL like I did the AL already. We are imputing the ratings but also making pitching style and batting stance adjustments as well. Once this part is done we will do the Double A teams the same exact way.""I am aiming to have these done by 2015 WORLD SERIES for sure."

Last edited by Houston; 09-03-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Jack Wade's Arena

Re: MLB on FOX: 2015 Opening Day Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplayleagues
Coming Soon.....
Ok....?????
Old 04-26-2015, 03:14 AM   #3
Rookie

Or just download the OSFM rosters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2015, 12:18 AM   #4
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachybob
Or just download the OSFM rosters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These will be more detailed. OSFM are great if you want all minor league names, but mine are just more in depth. Every single player that's created has more life like face and will be rated based off ZiPS and Oliver projections based off of 3-4 years of data.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:07 AM   #5
Banned

Two questions. How long does "coming soon..." mean? And do you do these all on your own or are you interested in some assistance?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 06:48 AM   #6
MVP

Houston's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillinois89
Two questions. How long does "coming soon..." mean? And do you do these all on your own or are you interested in some assistance?
I am not going to sugar coat it but will probably wont be done until June. I work alone on this project that way I know what has been done and touched. I am not working off of any base files like OSFM or Hybrid this year. These are based off of the 4/20/15 SCEA update that I got them to make all the height and weight changes. Every single player I requested to get fixed has been fixed on this update. These will have pitch edits and projections added in. These all will include every player that was on each team from MLB, AAA, AA and some single A players. Regardless of a career minor league or not if he was n that teams roster he will be on these rosters. I dont remove players in order to add draft players nor do I not add guys because there to old and replace them with extra younger guys. These will be the most authentic rosters your gonna find. Keep im mind it will all be base off of rosters as of 2015 Opening day including the minor league teams. I have every teams opening day rosters saved already, I have every teams 40 man opening day saved, and this also includes there affiliate team rosters saved.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #7
MVP

Houston's Arena

All SCEA batters have been rerated and we are now working on rerating the pitchers. I have also edited the created players for the AL that were made last year giving them more life like face. I did this for all NL guys last year.
Old 05-19-2015, 02:39 PM   #8
Pro

This could help you http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047324407

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »