Home

Some People Are Just Great At Rec

This is a discussion on Some People Are Just Great At Rec within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-23-2015, 03:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Some People Are Just Great At Rec

So, my total park record is 248-198. A solid beit unspectacular 50 games over .500.

I'd say I've probably played 40-50 rec games, though, and I would guess my teams have won more than 3, and less than 10 games. No matter it be a group I know and we get together, or a group of random guys my teams always get waxed.

Do a lot of you have similar experiences?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 03:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Sandmanan's Arena

Re: Some People Are Just Great At Rec

It depends totally on the team. I've had people not play their position, teams run up and down the court as if the entire game is 21. While I play I find most people do not control the clock or try to set up lanes.

Last edited by Sandmanan; 07-25-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:43 AM   #3
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

The rec is a lot different than the park. I wish I could say it was less cheesy, but it isn't, the cheeses are just different.

I have a .80 win ratio at the rec but only like a .60 at the park. To win at the rec you need at least 1 or 2 guys who know how to rebound, at least 1 or 2 guys who know how to hit 80% of there shots from anywhere on the court, and 5 guys who know how to lock up on defense.

It's hard to explain all the details in one post, but the more you play rec the more you start to realize how to win, and what kind of teammates that are so bad you wouldn't wish them on your worst enemy.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 04-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've got 400+ rec games in. 300+ wins. (not sure of exact numbers). There's an aspect of people realistic basketball and team ball and also some exploitation. Me as a point guard I always need a big C/PF to run the lane, catch lobs, set screens, and get a ton of boards. It also helps if they can spread the floor. You need at least two guys over 7 feet tall. A pass fist point guard and extremely good fundamental defense. Know hot to run the 3-2 zone as well when people are exploiting the mid range cheese. If you're on the ps4, hit me up. my psn is CroRupt and you can run rec games with me and my squad. Rec is really fun if you're playing with the right people.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Icon11 Re: Some People Are Just Great At Rec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurupt_XxX
I've got 400+ rec games in. 300+ wins. (not sure of exact numbers). There's an aspect of people realistic basketball and team ball and also some exploitation. Me as a point guard I always need a big C/PF to run the lane, catch lobs, set screens, and get a ton of boards. It also helps if they can spread the floor. You need at least two guys over 7 feet tall. A pass fist point guard and extremely good fundamental defense. Know hot to run the 3-2 zone as well when people are exploiting the mid range cheese. If you're on the ps4, hit me up. my psn is CroRupt and you can run rec games with me and my squad. Rec is really fun if you're playing with the right people.
Definitely agree with this. Playing with a pass first point guard who understands pace and who doesn't always pass for just the assist alongside 2 bigs is pivotal. Although I played PF as a 6'8 SF and have dominated the lane by boxing out and playing the passing lanes.

I'm from Rivet City and the rebounding boost seems non-existent but I still grab boards even though I don't have any upgrades in rebounding.

Team defense is important in slowing down the corner step back/mid-range cheese. 2K needs to patch the shooting percentages because the majority of rec games have at least 5-10 instances of, "WTF?" moments
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 03:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla CJ
Definitely agree with this. Playing with a pass first point guard who understands pace and who doesn't always pass for just the assist alongside 2 bigs is pivotal. Although I played PF as a 6'8 SF and have dominated the lane by boxing out and playing the passing lanes.

I'm from Rivet City and the rebounding boost seems non-existent but I still grab boards even though I don't have any upgrades in rebounding.

Team defense is important in slowing down the corner step back/mid-range cheese. 2K needs to patch the shooting percentages because the majority of rec games have at least 5-10 instances of, "WTF?" moments
That is very true. I really dislike it when i'm playing extremely efficient on ball d and all it takes is the guy with the ball to turbo around the perimeter and chuck up a terrible shot only for it to go in. .
Old 04-23-2015, 04:33 PM   #7
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Most important positions to me are PG and C at the rec. As long as you have 2 good players who are playing those positions as supposed to (IMO, PG = a mix of scoring and passing...C=grabbing rebounds and playing down low) you will always have a close game. My record at the rec is 219-31, averaging 16ppg and 13rpg.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:27 PM   #8
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
Most important positions to me are PG and C at the rec. As long as you have 2 good players who are playing those positions as supposed to (IMO, PG = a mix of scoring and passing...C=grabbing rebounds and playing down low) you will always have a close game. My record at the rec is 219-31, averaging 16ppg and 13rpg.

This is right on, easily the 2 most important positions. A good center, and I mean actually good in the world of the JRC, then you're off to a great start. A good point guard to dish/hit a few open 3's, then you can beat most random teams easily, and keep up with any team if your 2-3-4 are good scorers and play strong defense.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »