Home

Impacts of warming up Relief Pitchers in Bullpen

This is a discussion on Impacts of warming up Relief Pitchers in Bullpen within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-21-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Impacts of warming up Relief Pitchers in Bullpen

Hey, Ive been playing the Show for the last couple of years but have never really understood the whole warming up stuff and I hope somebody can help me out here:

I figured the more warmed-up a pitcher is, the higher the green bar under every pitch of him. I guess this is the Pitch confidence and a higher bar leads to more accurate pitches, is this correct so far?

Now when warming up a pitcher in the bullpen we can choose between stretch, warm up and ready and waiting.
I always go straight to Warming-Up the pitcher and as soon as he's warmed up completely I change him to ready and waiting.
What exactly is Stretching for? Do I have any benefits of sending him out there to stretch first?

And also, does it have any negative impact if I for example let the pitcher warm up for too long.
Often I send a pitcher to warm up when my starter is struggling but if my starter gets out of a jam i just forget to sit down the bullpen pitcher and he ends up warming up for two innings. In reality this should negatively effect his stamina since he already threw so many pitches during his warm up session. Is something like this in the game?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 09:39 AM   #2
Rookie

T_O_p12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Impacts of warming up Relief Pitchers in Bullpen

Good question. I wish there was a document somewhere that explained all the ins and outs of certain aspects of this game. Just like the question asked yesterday about playing a player when his energy meter is low.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:48 AM   #3
Rookie

hitmachine16's Arena

OVR: 1

I've definitely had a pitcher's stamina go down if I left them warming up for too long. I use the Stretch option if my pitcher is in a jam. That way the reliever only gets about half way warmed up and doesn't lose stamina as quickly if I were to forget about them. I only use the Warm Up option if I know 100% that guy is going into the game. I often send pitchers in after only using the Stretch and Toss option because they still register as warmed up.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:57 AM   #4
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Most of the time, I use stretch and toss to get loose. Like if I'm gonna bring in a pitcher in next inning but let my starter finish the current inning then when I go to bat, I'll change it to warming up so they'll be fully ready in case of a short inning.

Most of the time of you do just warm up while your batting, short innings won't let them get fully warm.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #5
X marks the spot

zephyr13's Arena

OVR: 5

The idea that a pitcher could lose stamina by warming up for too long is just silly to me...

IRL, a pitcher knows when he's warm & he stops throwing (or at least slows down)... He doesn't need his manager to call the bullpen and tell him to change to "ready and waiting". IMO, I think when you warm a pitcher in the pen, they should automatically go to "ready & waiting" when they are completely warmed up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 01:58 PM   #6
Banned

jergiants's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr13
The idea that a pitcher could lose stamina by warming up for too long is just silly to me...

IRL, a pitcher knows when he's warm & he stops throwing (or at least slows down)... He doesn't need his manager to call the bullpen and tell him to change to "ready and waiting". IMO, I think when you warm a pitcher in the pen, they should automatically go to "ready & waiting" when they are completely warmed up.
I agree. A little too much interaction for the bullpen.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:36 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_p12
Good question. I wish there was a document somewhere that explained all the ins and outs of certain aspects of this game. Just like the question asked yesterday about playing a player when his energy meter is low.
I've been thinking the same thing. Too bad this page doesn't have squat: http://theshownation.com/manual

There is so much information I've picked up in the last few days that I haven't known in the 2 years I've been playing, like the ratings hit for playing players out of position or in their secondary position. It sucks to have to find out this information by sifting through developer posts.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr13

I don't disagree with this at all.

However because of the system the way it is currently. It has become a game within a game and I am always checking my bullpen and managing that aspect...lol.
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »