Home

Collections, Stubs, and Diamond Players

This is a discussion on Collections, Stubs, and Diamond Players within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #1
Rookie

jkjgiants26's Arena

OVR: 2
Question Collections, Stubs, and Diamond Players

A few questions:
1) Once you complete a collection do you get to keep the legend even if you sell of a couple players from the collection?

2) How did you get the stubs to complete collections? Did you buy stubs or earn them and if so how did you earn them?

3) To complete a collection with a diamond, Dbacks for example, do you have to also get a that diamond player, in this case Paul Goldschmidt. I've seen people saying they did the dbacks without getting him and someone else saying you don't need to get Posey to do the Giants collection.

Thanks in advance guys, hopefully other people have been wondering the same things and this will help them to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 06:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Collections, Stubs, and Diamond Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjgiants26
A few questions:
1) Once you complete a collection do you get to keep the legend even if you sell of a couple players from the collection?

2) How did you get the stubs to complete collections? Did you buy stubs or earn them and if so how did you earn them?

3) To complete a collection with a diamond, Dbacks for example, do you have to also get a that diamond player, in this case Paul Goldschmidt. I've seen people saying they did the dbacks without getting him and someone else saying you don't need to get Posey to do the Giants collection.

Thanks in advance guys, hopefully other people have been wondering the same things and this will help them to.

1) Once you complete the collection and claim your legend, you CANNOT sell the players that went into the collection. They can only be used as "Feeder" cards for your DD Player.

2) I bought 27k worth of stubs, then proceeded to work the auction house with that amount of stubs.

3) I believe.....You only need LESSER rated players. So if you complete the Rockies set, you would only need a player 84 ovr or less.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawdogRob26
1) Once you complete the collection and claim your legend, you CANNOT sell the players that went into the collection. They can only be used as "Feeder" cards for your DD Player.

2) I bought 27k worth of stubs, then proceeded to work the auction house with that amount of stubs.

3) I believe.....You only need LESSER rated players. So if you complete the Rockies set, you would only need a player 84 ovr or less.
He is right for the most part. When it comes to completing collections, its is not 100% just cards below the Legends overall. For example, the Marlins Cliff Floyd is an 89 (I believe) yet you need Jose Fernandez (92 overall) in order to unlock Floyd. I can only imagine this is because Fernandez originally was going to be <89 overall and later got changed to a 92.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 55

You do NOT need Fernandez to unlock Floyd. I did the Marlins collection and have never had Fernandez.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
You do NOT need Fernandez to unlock Floyd. I did the Marlins collection and have never had Fernandez.
Well thats odd...I needed him? Even after the collection it collected Fernandez and I can no longer sell my Fernandez? I even looked afterwards thinking well maybe I just collected Fernandez instead of someone else and that counted towards the collection but I didnt. I wasnt missing anyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 11:06 PM   #6
Rookie

HeavySaucer's Arena

OVR: 1

I just did the Marlins collection a couple hours ago, no Fernandez required.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:25 PM   #7
Rookie

sox73b3's Arena

OVR: 5

To those that have completed collections; how did you do it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2015, 03:32 PM   #8
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox73b3
To those that have completed collections; how did you do it?
Start with the more affordable sets: Dbacks and Rockies are both good starting points. Once you learn how the market works you can start flipping cards for profit, I netted 30k last Thursday and Friday, isn't hasn't gone so well since then but that flurry of activity allowed me to complete a bunch more collections, I'm currently up to 9 including stadiums.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »