Home

Hey, Historical Season Players: Season or Online Franchise?

This is a discussion on Hey, Historical Season Players: Season or Online Franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-13-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
Rookie

hydrostar's Arena

OVR: 4
Hey, Historical Season Players: Season or Online Franchise?

I am trying to contemplate which way to go in order to create a fun and somewhat accurate experience for an historical season on The Show. Here's my quandary: in season mode, there are teams that didn't exist and clog up the works...and in online franchise mode, you can omit the teams you don't need, but you are seemingly stuck using the modern 3 division structure and/or playoff settings that don't reflect proper accuracy.

What settings do you guys use for fun and/or accuracy? Open to all ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 06:18 PM   #2
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hey, Historical Season Players: Season or Online Franchise?

My biggest beef with online franchise is the limited shelflife. If you don't finish your season before the online support is cut out, you're SOL. Also, if your internet goes down, you're SOL. I wish the online franchise features could be implemented into offline franchise.
So, for me, I go Season mode offline. I like 80's era rosters & I just fill the Marlins, Rockies, D'Backs & Rays with a limited 22 man roster of retired players from the year before, with those players attributes at 75% of what the the other 26 teams players are. That way the expansion teams aren't leaving the cellar but they are still interesting to keep tabs on their season. Ideally I would prefer not to have those teams clog up the works, so to speak, at all. But this is the compromise I've learned to live with.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #3
Rookie

hydrostar's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Hey, Historical Season Players: Season or Online Franchise?

I really appreciate your thoughts! And I'm 80's, too, all the way. Getting ready to throw down a Cubs/Royals 1985 season.

IF I can figure out how I want to optimize this darn project! I still can't decide which route to take. The pros and cons for me on either side are pretty balanced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »