Home

Using a historic roster for RTTS

This is a discussion on Using a historic roster for RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2015, 02:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Using a historic roster for RTTS

In the past when creating a RTTS guy I have always just used the default roster or one of the great current ones from the vault. In your experiences, how well do the historic ones work out? I'm looking at one of the '60s or '70s sets. I'm guessing the minors would be generic as well as the teams that didn't exist at the time, but upon promotion you would be playing with and against the players of that era. Is this the case?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2015, 03:32 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Using a historic roster for RTTS

The only one I can recommend with confidence is the Jethrotull/JMyers 1987 Full 90 man roster from MLB 14.

Ever single minor league player is in there from that year plus a host of free agents.

You can't do RTTS with 25 man rosters which 98% of the classic rosters are.

So if you have MLB 14...DL that roster from the Vault (PSN/KBunny's version is the final version) set up an RTTS on 14. Do not start it.

Then transfer it over to 15 and off you go. I did this and it is awesome.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 04-11-2015, 01:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the reply and the roster recommendation. Can you elaborate on not being able to do a RTTS with a 25-man roster? Just for the heck of it, I downloaded a 60's roster from the vault (early 60's by stecropper) and created a new RTTS. I checked the players across the minors and MLB and there are some oddities. The minors seem to be a mix of generic and current players, and due to the nature of this roster some teams that didn't exist at the time have actual 60's players (41-year-old Ted Williams on Arizona, for example). But the teams that did exist at the time have actual 60's players at the MLB level and it appears functional otherwise after playing a few games. Before I get too far into it, are there any things that might crop up to make this unplayable down the road?
Old 04-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwrazorback
Thanks for the reply and the roster recommendation. Can you elaborate on not being able to do a RTTS with a 25-man roster? Just for the heck of it, I downloaded a 60's roster from the vault (early 60's by stecropper) and created a new RTTS. I checked the players across the minors and MLB and there are some oddities. The minors seem to be a mix of generic and current players, and due to the nature of this roster some teams that didn't exist at the time have actual 60's players (41-year-old Ted Williams on Arizona, for example). But the teams that did exist at the time have actual 60's players at the MLB level and it appears functional otherwise after playing a few games. Before I get too far into it, are there any things that might crop up to make this unplayable down the road?
I really don't know how that is going to work out for you, but I have t say one thing, stecropper's historic rosters have the absolute most detailed and realistic ratings of any of them out there that I have found.
I was actually going to try this same thing with his "early 60's" roster.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:27 PM   #5
Rookie

In the pioneer spirit I'm going to play with it for a bit and hope nothing game-breaking pops up. As I look at how the players are distributed it's mostly 60's players on MLB teams with a smattering of current day players in AAA and generic players to fill in the blanks. It's a bizzaro baseball universe where a confrontation between Yu Darvish and "Marvelous" Marv Throneberry is possible. I think I like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 07:55 AM   #6
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

I never thought about that and have to thank the OP the idea and Armor and Sword for the reply. While I was browsing throught the KBunny's 87 Final Roster, I couldn't stop laughing seeing guys like Nelson Santovenia, Vance Law, Andy McGaffigan and Joe Hesket with the Nationals (the Expos at that time).

I was growing up watching those guys and playing an RTTS with them is just plain fun.

Thanks guys! :-)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »