Home

Most Exciting Teams for Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Most Exciting Teams for Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-09-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Most Exciting Teams for Franchise Mode

I personally feel that this year there are plenty of really interesting teams to play with in franchise mode - I usually like to be somewhat challanged so I dont go with the very best teams, this year those would be the Nationals, Dodgers and Cardinals. But since im playing almost all games myself I want a team that can potentially contend already in year 1, has some talent and not too many old players. This would leave me with like half the League to chose from this year.. I have been considering Padres, Pirates, White Sox, and the Cubs. Besides those I somehow find the Yankees appealing as well.

Which of those I mentioned would you chose? And what are you plans, maybe aside of going with your real life favorite.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Most Exciting Teams for Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
I personally feel that this year there are plenty of really interesting teams to play with in franchise mode - I usually like to be somewhat challanged so I dont go with the very best teams, this year those would be the Nationals, Dodgers and Cardinals. But since im playing almost all games myself I want a team that can potentially contend already in year 1, has some talent and not too many old players. This would leave me with like half the League to chose from this year.. I have been considering Padres, Pirates, White Sox, and the Cubs. Besides those I somehow find the Yankees appealing as well.

Which of those I mentioned would you chose? And what are you plans, maybe aside of going with your real life favorite.
Personally, I think the Cubs could be the most fun if you're going to play enough franchise seasons to see all that young talent develop. Playing in Wrigley with all the new lighting, stadium, and surroundings work would be a heck of a treat.

Small market teams are also fun, but for different reasons. OAK is always good because they tend to have solid pitching and a lineup that forces you to be creative in terms of finding ways to score runs.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Think its always the most fun to use your hometown team no matter how the team looks. Build them up into a beast team and dominate the league feels great with your favorite team.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #4
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm rolling with the Cubs as soon as the OSFM rosters drop. I'm looking forward to building up Baez, Bryant, Soler, and Russell.

And those are just the top tier prospects they have!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:13 PM   #5
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Padres
Pirates
White Sox
Cubs
Yankees

Which of those I mentioned would you chose?
1) White Sox
2) Cubs, a close 2nd
3) Pirates, a distant third
4) Padres, no interest for me, even with Kimbrel
5) Yankees, I'd sooner name my son Seven

If I didn't hate the Yanks, I might have placed them as high as 3rd.
But I can't ignore my prejudices.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #6
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I know you don't have them listed, but I am going with the Jays.

They're loaded with awesome young arms and a top tier veteran lineup. If things start to go south, options are wide open for trading off some of those vets for a quickstart rebuild.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Since King Felix is my favorite non NYM. Seatle. But once the osfm rosters drop I'll be playing as the mets.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:50 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I know you don't have them listed, but I am going with the Jays.

They're loaded with awesome young arms and a top tier veteran lineup. If things start to go south, options are wide open for trading off some of those vets for a quickstart rebuild.
I just played a couple exhibition games with them to tune my DD profile and the Rogers Center looks amazing. They have great uniform options, and the roster is fun to use. I think they'd be tons of fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »