Home

Franchise Sponsorships Question

This is a discussion on Franchise Sponsorships Question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2015, 08:11 PM   #1
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4
Franchise Sponsorships Question

Simple question.... Is this a crutch? What I mean is, does activating sponsorships give you a huge advantage over CPU teams? I understand you get funds for your budget during franchise, and I'm wondering if this will end up making the GM aspect of my team too easy. I usually shy away from the "bonuses" and stuff in modes where they give the human controlled team and added advantage, over the CPU. Magic batting gloves adding +5 to contact etc, etc.. If the CPU teams get additional funds thru out the season also, then I could see this being kind of cool, but if they don't, then I kind of feel like I'm cheating. What's all you other franchise players take on this?

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Franchise Sponsorships Question

I would like to use it for the "realism" factor having real brands in the presentation, but I won't for the reasons you described. I want to earn everything and keep things in my GM universe, based on my skills(or lack thereof) of trading, signing and drafting within a budget.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

After the first season simming in my practice franchise, with two sponsorships, I gained about 4 mil in budget room. Is it confirmed that the CPU does not use them?
Old 04-08-2015, 08:34 PM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

You could always use 30 team if not and assign them for them

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-08-2015, 10:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
After the first season simming in my practice franchise, with two sponsorships, I gained about 4 mil in budget room. Is it confirmed that the CPU does not use them?
I've asked this question countless times; no one seems to really know. My guess is they don't get sponsorships, and I don't use them for that reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #6
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You could always use 30 team if not and assign them for them

M.K.
Knight165
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I would like to use it for the "realism" factor having real brands in the presentation, but I won't for the reasons you described. I want to earn everything and keep things in my GM universe, based on my skills(or lack thereof) of trading, signing and drafting within a budget.
If I apply them to all 30 teams, will growing everyone's budget throw things off come offseason time?

Am I better off just leaving things alone?
Old 04-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #7
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't know if it will "throw things off," my guess is teams will just continue to have more and more budget room.

I haven't tested it, but I would guess budgets would explode like last year before the patch and teams would all have plenty of salary room.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:58 AM   #8
Rookie

TPouch4's Arena

OVR: 0

CPU teams do not get extra budget money from any type of sponsorships. It is kind of like a little bonus (and I say a pretty big one). The ones that I tested it out with are the sponsorships that give you a certain amount per game. I have all three of the ones that give this reward. The diamond 40,000 per game, the gold 20,000 per game, and the silver 15,000 per game. They count even if you simulate the game as well. So you take 75,000x162=12.15mil. So each season you get an extra 12.15mil added on to your budget. That is a huge increase! This does not include the amount you get added on at the end of the season for your performance. Its definitely a huge bonus, and if you're trying to get better at managing contrast within a specific budget, I do not recommend doing it.

Hope this helped!
Hockey: Boston Bruins
College Team: Michigan State Spartans

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »