Home

Does playing players at their secondary position cause an attribute deduction?

This is a discussion on Does playing players at their secondary position cause an attribute deduction? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Does playing players at their secondary position cause an attribute deduction?

I know on the livestreams they were saying playing a player out of position caused them to have a 40 pct decrease in fielding attributes, but what about just simply secondary positions? Is it the same as primary or is there a minor penalty for doing so?

Also what about SS's going to 2b or 3b? I feel like there should be no penalty for this but is there in the game? I mean most SS's have superior fielding so even if they take a hit in defense they will still be better than most 2b's defensively....

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Does playing players at their secondary position cause an attribute deduction?

Don't know if it's still true, or even if it was true at the time, but I remember reading that secondary positions got a 20% deduction on their defensive abilities, and a 40% deduction for completely out of position.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: Does playing players at their secondary position cause an attribute deduction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
Don't know if it's still true, or even if it was true at the time, but I remember reading that secondary positions got a 20% deduction on their defensive abilities, and a 40% deduction for completely out of position.
I thought it was like 10/30 but yeah... something like that. It was said by a dev, so it was definitely true at some point.

No idea if it's still true, but I'd guess it still is.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:25 PM   #4
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
Winner winner chicken dinner
Old 04-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Winner winner chicken dinner

ramone, sir:

batting average with runners-in-scoring-position when simulating cpu vs cpu games is broken again. It was broken for years, until last year when it was fixed. I beg of thee, to fix this in Patch #1 : )

* I PRAISE THEE, BROTHER RAMONE RUSSELL *
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 10:01 PM   #6
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

On the topic of secondary positions, in previous years we were allowed to change primary positions and keep the unique secondary combos. This year, changing the primary position erases and secondary positions. Is this intentional or a bug?
Old 04-08-2015, 10:03 PM   #7
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
On the topic of secondary positions, in previous years we were allowed to change primary positions and keep the unique secondary combos. This year, changing the primary position erases and secondary positions. Is this intentional or a bug?
That sounds like a bug please fill out a bug report on that.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #8
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

This was some valuable information to know, especially for DD and chise.

It it all fielding attributes like reaction, fielding, arm str, arm acc or just fielding that take a hit?

Youtube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »