Home

Diamond Dynasty LEGEND REVIEWS!

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty LEGEND REVIEWS! within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Diamond Dynasty LEGEND REVIEWS!

If you have used a legend, please provide a short, quick review on whether you like him or not. What he's good at, etc. With the fact that the easiest way of getting them means forfeiting the ability to sell the players, nobody wants to get stuck with legends who play poorly. I'll start:

LF Ted Williams 99 - Incredible hitter. Against righties he has 99con/99pow and it shows. He hammers the ball to all fields. Against lefties, he's mainly a singles hitter for me, but I struggle lefty vs lefty regardless of the hitter. You can tell people are terrified of him by how they pitch to him. He is pretty bad in the field -- absolutely no arm, and often whiffs on fly balls when running at full speed. Rating: 9/10
Stats for me: .305avg (.373 vs RHP, .194 vs LHP) 8 HR, 24 RBI, .380 OBP (11 BB).

SP Tom Seaver 97 - 95-97 mph fastball with a 79-80 mph changeup, filthy slider, and solid curve. His stuff is nasty. Just don't pitch to contact because people can tee off on him at times. Just keep mixing up speeds and he's near unhittable. Rating: 8.5/10
Stats for me: 2-2, 30.2 IP, 2.64 ERA, 30 K, 0.91 WHIP

I'm interested in reviews on Ernie and Killebrew.

Last edited by VoItage; 04-07-2015 at 02:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Diamond Dynasty LEGEND REVIEWS!

For the legends that I own...

Schmidt:
•incredible power, but my contact with him is very iffy. Defense is incredible, though

Ted Williams:
•all-around beast of a hitter. I've hit a couple of clutch home runs with him. I haven't had many issues with him in the field.

Dennis Eckersley:
•the only collection I regret completing. The A's are my favorite team, so I'm happy with the collection, but I haven't had success with him as a closer. He has two fastballs, and playing against other human opponents, fastballs get crushed. I removed him from my closer spot and put Doolittle back in for the 9th.

I pulled Ernie Banks from a pack, and used him for a few games. His hitting was very good. Defensively, though, I preferred Andrelton Simmons, so I sold him and used the stubs to complete the Phillies collection.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #3
Rookie

TheMadleR's Arena

Good idea

I can confirm Seaver is a beast, here are mine:

Winfield-All I got to say is I hit three home runs with him in his first game. His fielding is above average with a decently strong arm. Very happy with him. Would recommend

Ozzie-Not happy with him at all, I just can not hit with him, and for some reason at times his fielding isn't what I believe it to be, pretty weak arm. Would not recommend(which is extremely hard considering I'm a Cardinals fa)

Eckersley-Happy with him, if any game is tight he shuts the door and his motion is pretty easy to get the timing down. Would recommend.

I just got Bagwell and Schmidt last night and have only played one game with them, so I can't make a judgment call just yet but in that 1st game I homered with Bagwell and Schmidt went 4-6 with really good fielding.
NBA: Thunder
Old 04-07-2015, 02:55 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

I wish I could do a review of Nolan Ryan but after playing like 20 games, he's only pitched one game

I just got Bagwell so I'm excited to start using him.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 04-07-2015, 02:59 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
I wish I could do a review of Nolan Ryan but after playing like 20 games, he's only pitched one game

Had Kershaw for like 20 games, pitched twice. :|
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Bagwell- Has been a fantastic hitter for me against leftys ( .500 3HR in 4 games) and pretty good for me against rightys. The main difference is strikeouts when going against rightys. He just can't get around as well for the high cheese. He is a first basemen so fielding isn't really an issue... he makes the plays he is supposed to. Would recommend to anyone looking to add some power into their lineup. 9/10.

Have Banks as well but network was having all sorts of issues last night when I tried to play.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:14 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmericanBA
Bagwell- Has been a fantastic hitter for me against leftys ( .500 3HR in 4 games) and pretty good for me against rightys. The main difference is strikeouts when going against rightys. He just can't get around as well for the high cheese. He is a first basemen so fielding isn't really an issue... he makes the plays he is supposed to. Would recommend to anyone looking to add some power into their lineup. 9/10.

Have Banks as well but network was having all sorts of issues last night when I tried to play.
Yeah, I faced Bagwell last night and was able to get him to go 0/4 because I was busting him up and in with heat. That batting stance just makes it too hard to pick it up, I assume.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15

This is why I'm not sinking any money- whether through the market or collections- on starting pitching. It's a waste to spend 50K+ stubs to only use the player once every 10 games. They need to patch this. If their reasoning is to balance the competition- make it so we can only use pitchers once every 4 or 5 games just like a real life rotation. I think that's a good compromise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »