Home

P.A.D.'s 2015 Hall Of Fame Sliders

This is a discussion on P.A.D.'s 2015 Hall Of Fame Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-07-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
P.A.D.'s 2015 Hall Of Fame Sliders

P.A.D.'s 2015 Hall of Fame Sliders

Hi All,
You may remember me from last year with my HoF sliders. On Allstar difficulty, I feel the CPU shows no sense of urgency, the pitch speeds (even maxed out) are too slow, it's very easy to make contact and the CPU simply doesn't punish you for mistake pitches. This is where our Hall of Fame sliders come into play.

This set is NOW FINAL!! So without further ado:

SETTINGS
BATTING & BASERUNNING
Hitting Difficulty - Hall of Fame
Hitting Interface - ZONE
- Input Type - Buttons
- Plate Coverage Indicator - OFF
- PCI Appearance - Default
Hitting View – Catcher (User Preference)
In-Play View Offense - Broadcast (User Preference)
Ball Trail - OFF
Guess Pitch - OFF
Baserunning Decisions - Assist

Baserunning Interface - Default (User Preference)
Sliding Decisions - Assist
Runner Window – ON

PITCHING
Pitching Difficulty - Hall of Fame
Pitching Interface - Meter
Pitching View – Broadcast (User Preference)
Pitching Ball Marker - Classic Fade
Pitch Confidence - Off (I feel pitch confidence is WAY too strong this year and dictates too much)

Pitch Delay - Faster
API: Default

FIELDING
Throwing Interface - Buttons
Throwing Meter - No Feedback
Throwing Difficulty - Hall of Fame
Fielding Decision - Assist
Throwing Decision - OFF
In-Play View - Medium (User Preference)
Throw Cancelling - Off
One Button Dive/Jump - Off

Catch Position Indicator - On
Defensive Shift - Auto

GENERAL
Strike Zone - OFF
Hot Zones - OFF
Warm Up Pitchers - On
Tutorial Tips - OFF
Post Game Auto Save - OFF (User Preference)

Scorebar Display - On
Pitch Select Display - On
Swing/Pitch Info - On
Balks - On
Umpire Balls and Strikes - Off (Perfect)
Umpire Close Plays - On
Check Swing Appeals - On
Injuries - On
Ejections - On
Vibration - Off (User Preference)
Game Log Order - Default

SLIDERS
Dynamic Difficulty - 5
Human Contact - 5
Human Power - 5
Human Timing -3
Human Foul Frequency - 5
Human Solid Hits - 3
Human Starter Stamina - 6
Human Reliever Stamina - 5
Human Pitch Control - 4
Human Pitcher Consistency - 2
CPU Contact - 4
CPU Power - 5
CPU Timing - 3
CPU Foul Frequency - 5
CPU Solid Hits - 3
CPU Starter Stamina - 6
CPU Reliever Stamina - 5
CPU Pitch Control - 4
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 2
CPU Strike Frequency - 5 (this slider only affects early count strikes and, thanks to PsychoBulk's analysis in the other topic in this forum, the default slider is very close to realistic).
CPU Manager Hook - 5
CPU Pickoffs - 10
Pitch Speed - 8 (WARNING - the pitches come in at you faster on HoF difficulty - you need to be patient, work the counts and get pitches to hit or you simply won't be successful)
Fielding Errors Infield - 4
Fielding Errors Outfield - 4
Throwing Errors Infield - 4
Throwing Errors Outfield - 4
Fielder Run Speed – 3
Fielder Reaction - 6
Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 3
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 3
Baserunner Speed - 4
Baserunner Steal Ability - 5
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 6
Wind - 3 (the wind, as last year, is a joke and causes way too many cans of corn to fly out of the park)
Injury Frequency - 5

A few additional notes that are VERY important:
- I use power swing when I'm in a hitter's count. I also use power swing when a power hitter comes up to bat with less than 2 strikes. With 2 strikes, I "shorten" the swing and use contact or default x button. I refuse to "dumb down" my approach to get realistic stats. I want to play my hardest and have realistic stats generated. This is baseball and most every power hitter in real baseball is swinging harder when the count is in their favor.

- PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE! I worked 7 (SEVEN) walks in my last game with these sliders. The game before that was only 1. You need to be patient, wait for your pitch and sit on it.

- Comeback Logic - honestly, I don't care what anyone else says, in my opinion, the "losing" team gets a boost in the later innings (whether it's the User or CPU is inconsequential because the devs have stated the game cannot differentiate between User controlled or CPU teams). You will notice the strike zone shrink, close pitches being called balls, broken bat singles, etc. With that said, there is very little you can do to combat this, except play smart baseball. If you're up in the later innings, DO NOT give up free passes to weak hitters, they will come back to haunt you. Work the corners. Work the counts. Slow the pace of the game. Use mound visits. Use advantageous matchups. Have relievers warm and ready. And after all this, you STILL may find yourself giving up the lead in the later innings. Don't throw the controller or break your TV (I've done this, don't ask), just remember, everyone else is going through it too (even those who vehemently deny this "boost."

- Play smart baseball. Lay down sacrifices to move runners over. Many times these sacrifices lead to hits. On this level, we need all the hits we can get. If it works, don't dumb down your offense, play to WIN!

- With runners in scoring position, the CPU pitchers BARE DOWN. They work the counts. They throw garbage pitches to induce you to chase. They hit corners. In these situations, you need to jump on anything decent or you may not see anything else hittable!

Last edited by Padgoi; 08-31-2015 at 06:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
Banned

Re: TNK Team (P.A.D. & HighCompPct) 2015 Hall of Fame Sliders

Thank you, I will try these when I get home.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #3
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: TNK Team (TNKNGM, P.A.D. & HighCompPct) 2015 Hall of Fame Sliders

I am going to try these out.

I also use Power Swing when I'm in a hitters count. 2-1 3-1 mostly. PAD do you use Power even for the smaller contact guys. I usually stick to the heart of the lineup or guys I know have power.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #4
Rookie

dsmith710's Arena

Definitely need to play a lot more games to get used to the jump to HoF. I can see you really have to focus which is great.

Though I'm having a problem hitting my locations, I use the classic pitching, not meter. My pitch locations a lot of times are not even close to where I am aiming. I walked the first 3 batters I faced and ended up pitching for contact and hoping to get outs. Even that way I'm missing my spots a lot and by a lot.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:32 PM   #5
Rookie

P.A.D., I was just curious if you have played this years game on the legend difficulty? I remember your discussion last year about ease of contact and I feel like they really nailed a great balance this year on legend. There's probably a necessary tweak here and there but overall a very fun experience. I was just curious to know if you tried it or jumped straight into H.O.F. At any rate this set looks very good. Happy baseball gaming to you this year Bro!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 04:35 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith710
I am going to try these out.

I also use Power Swing when I'm in a hitters count. 2-1 3-1 mostly. PAD do you use Power even for the smaller contact guys. I usually stick to the heart of the lineup or guys I know have power.
No my friend, I only use power swing for the guys I know are capable of hitting 20+ homers per season. I play as the Yankees so I'll use it for guys like Tex and McCann, but not for players like Drew or Gregorius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acts 4 12
P.A.D., I was just curious if you have played this years game on the legend difficulty? I remember your discussion last year about ease of contact and I feel like they really nailed a great balance this year on legend. There's probably a necessary tweak here and there but overall a very fun experience. I was just curious to know if you tried it or jumped straight into H.O.F. At any rate this set looks very good. Happy baseball gaming to you this year Bro!
No sir, I have not tried Legend difficulty.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Do I have to use zone with no PCI for this or is that just a user preference? I'm a fan of directional with PCI, but I'd like to play at HOF difficulty.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
- Comeback Logic - honestly, I don't care what anyone else says, in my opinion, the "losing" team gets a boost in the later innings (whether it's the User or CPU is inconsequential because the devs have stated the game cannot differentiate between User controlled or CPU teams). You will notice the strike zone shrink, close pitches being called balls, broken bat singles, etc. With that said, there is very little you can do to combat this, except play smart baseball. If you're up in the later innings, DO NOT give up free passes to weak hitters, they will come back to haunt you. Work the corners. Work the counts. Slow the pace of the game. Use mound visits. Use advantageous matchups. Have relievers warm and ready. And after all this, you STILL may find yourself giving up the lead in the later innings. Don't throw the controller or break your TV (I've done this, don't ask), just remember, everyone else is going through it too (even those who vehemently deny this "boost."

I agree. I've played 10 games and 6 of them went to extra innings due to comebacks occurring in one of the last couple innings, either by me or the CPU. Most of them were gaps of 4 or more runs and you knew it was going to happen as a snowball started to build in those particular innings that the 'comebacks' occurred.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »