Home

Will they release new card?

This is a discussion on Will they release new card? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2015, 09:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Will they release new card?

I've seen a few people ask this question, and haven't seen any responses. While I've owned every MLB game, this is the first year I'm playing Diamond Dynasty. Do they release newer cards/packs throughout the year? Throwback cards/legends, etc?

The game has only been out for a week, and many people already have their dream lineup. I feel like within a month, nearly every person will have the same exact team (which does happen in other ultimate team games, admittedly). I understand they update the card ratings throughout the year, which will be great, but if they don't add any new cards this will get stale fast, won't it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 11:24 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Will they release new card?

Even if they add new cards it will get stale.

I love this mode, but I knew it had a shelf life. Im hoping it holds me over until OSFM drops. After that point I am doing franchises anyway. It gets old facing Mike Schmidt, Ralph Kiner, Jeff Bagwell, etc in every game.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:20 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

They ABSOLUTELY need new card/packs/legends, etc. With all due respect-its like they went only half *** with this mode. Lets call it what it is - its an ultimate team mode. So dont be coy about it, create challenges, special cards, etc to keep players coming back. They already make it too easy by letting you create your own diamond player at any position. I just dont have much incentive to keep coming back.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2015, 01:30 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The current-day MLB player cards will all have their ratings updated automatically to match MLB 15's regular roster updates.

I don't see why anyone would want to pay two, three, even four times for the exact same player like in Ultimate Team.

You buy a player in Diamond Dynasty, and he's yours for the whole year. Maybe his ratings go up, maybe they go down. It all depends on how he does in real life.

That's a much better system than paying for the same player multiple times throughout the year just to get his ratings to be up to date.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The current-day MLB player cards will all have their ratings updated automatically to match MLB 15's regular roster updates.

I don't see why anyone would want to pay two, three, even four times for the exact same player like in Ultimate Team.

You buy a player in Diamond Dynasty, and he's yours for the whole year. Maybe his ratings go up, maybe they go down. It all depends on how he does in real life.

That's a much better system than paying for the same player multiple times throughout the year just to get his ratings to be up to date.
That's not what I'm asking at all. I'm saying they should have throwback cards and such. Example: Pujols from 2006, Roy Halladay, etc. It would be fun to have a vintage team of current players- hell, I would have fun playing with rookie versions of a lot of stars today.

I was asking if this is something they do? NBA 2K has Onyx and Ruby cards, I didn't know if MLB the Show does anything similar. I'm not suggesting we have 3 different Mike Trout cards from 2015 with different ratings.

Last edited by Matt1108g; 04-07-2015 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Correction
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 08:29 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1108g
That's not what I'm asking at all. I'm saying they should have throwback cards and such. Example: Pujols from 2006, Roy Halladay, etc. It would be fun to have a vintage team of current players- hell, I would have fun playing with rookie versions of a lot of stars today.

I was asking if this is something they do? ...
I'm not suggesting we have 3 different Mike Trout cards from 2015 with different ratings.
This is exactly what i want.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #7
Rookie

what about players of the week like EA does?
Old 04-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTheMAKER
what about players of the week like EA does?
I will take that too!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »