Home

franchise draft & Edit player

This is a discussion on franchise draft & Edit player within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #1
Rookie

smonee's Arena

OVR: 4
Angry franchise draft & Edit player

I just simulated to the draft, went to check out my drafted player. Editing is now limited (All "non-real" players have limited editing in franchise mode). If your drafted player has a Fu Manchu, you can not change the facial hair. I am disappointed, editing your drafted players is important to me. I want to draft the best player available, now it is the best player who's face isn't jacked. I have not felt this way since the 2k baseball series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 09:12 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Re: franchise draft & Edit player

Quote:
Originally Posted by smonee
I just simulated to the draft, went to check out my drafted player. Editing is now limited (All "non-real" players have limited editing in franchise mode). If your drafted player has a Fu Manchu, you can not change the facial hair. I am disappointed, editing your drafted players is important to me. I want to draft the best player available, now it is the best player who's face isn't jacked. I have not felt this way since the 2k baseball series.
It's a bug that they are probably going to fix. There hasn't been any confirmation from Sony but I brought it to russell's attention and I got the impression that it wasnt intentional.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:18 PM   #3
Rookie

smonee's Arena

Great! Thanks! The only benefit I can see is a faster load time or something. I think over time, this will become an explosion on Twitter once people discover this issue. That is why I posted so it could maybe be apart of the first patch.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:44 PM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smonee
Great! Thanks! The only benefit I can see is a faster load time or something. I think over time, this will become an explosion on Twitter once people discover this issue. That is why I posted so it could maybe be apart of the first patch.
I had gotten the game earlier and reported it so russell has known about it since Sunday I think. I'm sure they will do their best to get it fixed.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:37 PM   #5
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Speaking of editing players, I don't know if its a bug or not but changing primary position erases any positions, which prevents editing positions of players with unique secondary position combinations. Last year and all previous years, the secondary positions would stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 10:49 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

not a really big deal for me this year, but if this was the case last year I would be flipping because I had a Yankees franchise and whenever I called up a prospect I would make sure to edit his facial hair

doing a dbacks franchise this year. they don't have any facial hair restrictions right? they better not lol
Old 04-03-2015, 11:22 PM   #7
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Speaking of editing players, I don't know if its a bug or not but changing primary position erases any positions, which prevents editing positions of players with unique secondary position combinations. Last year and all previous years, the secondary positions would stick.
Sounds like another bug. I'd report it in the bug forum at the show nation website.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:25 PM   #8
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyw55
not a really big deal for me this year, but if this was the case last year I would be flipping because I had a Yankees franchise and whenever I called up a prospect I would make sure to edit his facial hair

doing a dbacks franchise this year. they don't have any facial hair restrictions right? they better not lol
Ya I discovered the bug because I change the hair and beard of my created player quite regularly. definetly was a little shocked when I couldnt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »