Home

Help me stop the Run Heavy formation!!!

This is a discussion on Help me stop the Run Heavy formation!!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-02-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Help me stop the Run Heavy formation!!!

Hey guys,
Need some help. I am in a CFM with 6 guys. We have one guy who is by far one of the best guys in our league. No matter what team he is (been in others with him) he runs the rock about 96% of the time and alway out of the Heavy formation. Multiple users thinks this is cheese. He is averaging over 300 yadds on the ground a game even with user games at 6 minutes on all madden. Please help me with some ideas on how to counter this formation. Been running 46, 34, and some 43 wide. I can shut down his inside game but about 3-4 times a game he will go outside and somehow break for long runs. There is something unusual about whatever he is doing as online and versus other users I can shut down the run game. Any advice is much appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
Rookie

penacho's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Help me stop the Run Heavy formation!!!

What plays exactly is he running?
Old 04-05-2015, 03:39 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catufb85
Hey guys,
Need some help. I am in a CFM with 6 guys. We have one guy who is by far one of the best guys in our league. No matter what team he is (been in others with him) he runs the rock about 96% of the time and alway out of the Heavy formation. Multiple users thinks this is cheese. He is averaging over 300 yadds on the ground a game even with user games at 6 minutes on all madden. Please help me with some ideas on how to counter this formation. Been running 46, 34, and some 43 wide. I can shut down his inside game but about 3-4 times a game he will go outside and somehow break for long runs. There is something unusual about whatever he is doing as online and versus other users I can shut down the run game. Any advice is much appreciated!
Might work to use Nickel Psycho, have five LBs and a DT there to stuff inside the tackles, five DBs to try contain the rush on the outside as best you could. Some interesting blitzes you could throw out there and since you're playing against a human you could potentially confuse him.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #4
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Psycho and 34 Bear are your friends. Psycho will help stop the outside stuff, while 34 Bear will help stop the inside stuff.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:50 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

Watch this video and try it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqsw7B88yUk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 04:06 PM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't know what team you have or what PB you are using, but IIRC is a 4-4 formation available for custom PB that should help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »