Home

Online Franchise Playoff Glitch. Beware before starting

This is a discussion on Online Franchise Playoff Glitch. Beware before starting within the MLB The Show Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Online Franchise Playoff Glitch. Beware before starting

I started a test league online with a 40 game season with the purpose of finding out if any changes had occurred online, and if the year to year team schedules change (they didnt last year). After the long process of resolving or simming every game, I finally reached the end of the regular season.

Now when I tried to advance through the first round of the playoffs, I found that none of the playoff games were listed on the Game List section. When going to the schedule, I was able to see the playoff series' on those teams schedules. I went and resolved them and tried to advance schedule, only to get a server error. After X'ing out of the server error pop up, I returned to the schedule to see either nothing happened, or games being added on top of the playoff series (Example: 5 game series turned into a 10 game series).

I repeated this with a shorter 14 game season so I could get through it quicker and ran into the same issue. Is anyone else running into this problem? Or is anyone willing to test this as well?

I wanted to get this out there in case any fix requires franchise restarts, which would be killer for a lot of leagues on here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #2
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Online Franchise Playoff Glitch. Beware before starting

Oh man. I sure hope it's not true.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
Professional Badass

ShinVega1's Arena

OVR: 10

I am about to run through some test leagues. I will let you know what happens

New England Patriots
Boston Red Sox
Arkansas Razorbacks
Old 04-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Oh man. I sure hope it's not true.
I'm hoping I did something wrong. Or at least that it is patchable through servers so franchises won't have to restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinVega1
I am about to run through some test leagues. I will let you know what happens
Ok cool. Thanks
Old 04-01-2015, 07:11 PM   #5
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Also, me and my buddy started our today. Played about 5 games signed off. Came back on and menus are all blank. I can go to schedule and play a game but I didn't. I simmed a few cpu games to see of something was wrong. They simmed but the standings won't update. It's almost like the franchise isn't fully loaded. Hoping it's a sever thing but it's been at this point for at least 2 hours
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Also, me and my buddy started our today. Played about 5 games signed off. Came back on and menus are all blank. I can go to schedule and play a game but I didn't. I simmed a few cpu games to see of something was wrong. They simmed but the standings won't update. It's almost like the franchise isn't fully loaded. Hoping it's a sever thing but it's been at this point for at least 2 hours
I'm thinking it is a server thing. The first day I started my online franchise and that one has has no problems..but since then I've had all sorts of problems creating leagues.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:39 AM   #7
Rookie

I hope this gets all figured out by monday our league has decided to wait til after the weekend to start ours thinking that maybe by then the kinks will be worked out....

Also has anyone tried using an uploaded roster like where they have the top prospects? Last year i tried a fantasy draft league using OSFM rosters and it would never work.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2015, 10:06 AM   #8
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmales88
I hope this gets all figured out by monday our league has decided to wait til after the weekend to start ours thinking that maybe by then the kinks will be worked out....

Also has anyone tried using an uploaded roster like where they have the top prospects? Last year i tried a fantasy draft league using OSFM rosters and it would never work.

Thanks
just started a test franchise and had no issue uploading custom roster. Must load the roster from HDD

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online »