Home

Instant replay

This is a discussion on Instant replay within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-01-2015, 01:37 AM   #1
Rookie

sa012's Arena

OVR: 5
Instant replay

Is there instant replay in the game? Had a real close play at first but couldn't find a way to challenge it. Does something pop up if it is close?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 01:37 AM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Instant replay

If you go to replay, it will cancel it. That much I know.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-01-2015, 01:41 AM   #3
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa012
Is there instant replay in the game? Had a real close play at first but couldn't find a way to challenge it. Does something pop up if it is close?
Yes in the top left corner dialogue comes up asking if you'd like to challenge. It's all decided by the cpu when that pops up so might just not have been replay worthy in the cpu opinion.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:41 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Challenges are not user-initiated. They are initiated automatically. Only then can you decide to challenge or not.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:51 AM   #5
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

first game out of the box in my carry over franchise, first hitter for cpu called safe at first ... challenge came up and i won it.. and first trophy earned!!! Now i am just curious if that is the only one i will see and how random it will be..

all i want is for this feature to be expanded too allow us to have control over calls at home.. there were many calls at home last year that went against me that i did replays on and my players were safe...

i love it... i want more of it... keep adding to this... second base steals, home plate plays, just keep expanding on this... great feature but needs to go much deeper...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I had an experience in my second game. I had forgotten it was in the game; it was done very well, even though I lost the challenge
Old 04-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
first game out of the box in my carry over franchise, first hitter for cpu called safe at first ... challenge came up and i won it.. and first trophy earned!!! Now i am just curious if that is the only one i will see and how random it will be..

all i want is for this feature to be expanded too allow us to have control over calls at home.. there were many calls at home last year that went against me that i did replays on and my players were safe...

i love it... i want more of it... keep adding to this... second base steals, home plate plays, just keep expanding on this... great feature but needs to go much deeper...
I actually encountered the replay feature as well, it was a close play at first, the ump called it safe, I was prompted to challenge and I won. Only gripe I had was when the call was over turned, there was no reaction from the crowd, no cheer no nothing lol (I was playing at home). Other than that I am enjoying the game.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:23 AM   #8
MVP

BrianM207's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah i got one as well...close play at first...I challenged and lost(thought I would but wanted to test the feature). Pretty neat, but a small expalanation of how/when they will pop up would be grratr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »