Home

For franchise guys. How do you use quick counts?

This is a discussion on For franchise guys. How do you use quick counts? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
For franchise guys. How do you use quick counts?

I liked the idea of quick counts but didn't feel it was implemented too well. Now that they have improved it for the counts given and situations with pitchers I enjoy it much more. I am definitely going to use it often this year.

How do you guys that play franchise utilize it in contrast with full games? I am thinking of how I willl use it, like for example using QB the first two games of a series and if tied then playing 'normal' the final one or two games.

What is your method?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: For franchise guys. How do you use quick counts?

I used them - and will continue to use them - for every single game throughout my Franchise.

I managed to get in almost 300 games last year and hope to do the same with 15. This feature is a godsend.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I probably play 2 to 3 games in my Franchise calendar a week which allows me to get in a full week of gameplay in one night usually. If I play a full game I either play with player lock and choose the starting pitcher for that game or a player who needs to get out of a slump! In these games, I don't use Quick Counts. If I want to play a FULL game I always go with Quick Counts. I usually change every other game.

SOOOOO many options to be tailored towards your lifestyle. I am a 41 year old dad with 2 kids so I only play full games with no quick counts or player lock when (if) I get to the playoffs.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:50 PM   #4
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

I can't imagine ever NOT using Quick Counts now. All I really view it as is an automatic way to consistently work the count. Games are faster AND the stats are more accurate, at least for me.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:57 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I can't imagine ever NOT using Quick Counts now. All I really view it as is an automatic way to consistently work the count. Games are faster AND the stats are more accurate, at least for me.
I feel the same way. I'll never go back to not using quick counts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 06:23 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I never used quick counts. I just used player lock, or simmed through hitting or pitching and did the other when I wasn't playing a full game.

I just never felt the desire to want to start a count at 2-1 or 1-2. I just felt cheated, like the game was somehow screwing me (even though that isn't the case). I can see why others would want to use it though, just not my style.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Surg2k's Arena

OVR: 1

So here is my new way to play this year. I am thinking I'll play as my number 1 starter and play it with no quick counts. Then I'll quick count starter 2-5. Then the next go around play as my number 2 starter with no quick counts and so on. Any thoughts or more suggestions?
Old 03-31-2015, 08:31 PM   #8
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

If I don't have a lot of time and I want to get another game in my franchise I'll use quick counts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »