Home

Curiosity- Buying Packs

This is a discussion on Curiosity- Buying Packs within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Curiosity- Buying Packs

I'm a little bit older and make I decent living so I have bought my fair share of packs. I have never pulled a great card or anybody in any of my starting lineups. I find that a little crazy. The best card I've ever pulled is Ruby Anthony. Is it bad luck or is this the case with a large percentage of My Team users. I'm not complaining because it's my fault for being a sucker.
The only other my team game I played was NCAA College football and I use to pull a lot of great players. Maybe because there were more players. So I guess my question is what are the best cards you have pulled out of the packs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2015, 06:55 PM   #2
Rookie

onGear's Arena

Re: Curiosity- Buying Packs

$100 got me Gold Bill Russell. Sad but true.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The packs in this mode are a complete rip-off.

You can spend 200,000 VC opening the packs that have the "best odds" and still not get a single player worth over 2,000 MT.

Spend your VC on upgrading your MyPlayer or improving your MyGM. Don't waste any of it on packs.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:40 PM   #4
MVP

Makes it even worse when they give unrealistic pink diamonds to typing contest winners for free
Old 03-28-2015, 12:58 AM   #5
Banned

DocZen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The packs in this mode are a complete rip-off.

You can spend 200,000 VC opening the packs that have the "best odds" and still not get a single player worth over 2,000 MT.

Spend your VC on upgrading your MyPlayer or improving your MyGM. Don't waste any of it on packs.
could of told you that last year. MyTeam hasn't changed a bit as far as odds.

Irony is I don't play Myteam at all this year and yesterday I was bored (and have VC I barely use) so I opened a random pack and got Anthony Davis.

Don't know what he's worth in MTs, probably not much. Anyone know? (xbox). I checked the market but his price is all over the place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2015, 01:49 AM   #6
Rookie

Just don't pull packs, I've pulled plenty and the best I pulled all year was a Gold Moses Malone and that was in a FREE PACK that was a locker code Ronnie2K put out lol. The pack odds are terrible, unlike Madden Ultimate Team where you will often get what you pay for, and occasionally get a very nice pull.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:37 AM   #7
Rookie

People always say "don't but packs!". While I agree that the pack odds are a HUGE ripoff- even for the ones that claim you have the best odds- there really isn't a way to gain lots of MT to buy the truly elite cards. Everyone says to play the auction house- which I do, and it's helpful- but to get 200k MT is pretty impossible unless you buy packs and get lucky. Like the OP, I have a good income and can afford to buy packs (more than I'd like to admit). I got spoiled when I purchased $10 worth of VC my first day of this mode and pulled a Orlando Shaq and sold him for 250K. I kept buying more and more packs figuring eventually I'll get the players I want or at least people I can flip. At this point in the game it isn't worth it, since mostly everyone on the AH sells for dirt except the rare Onyx or Ruby (good luck trying to pull them).

They should make a higher VC pack for Onyx/Ruby that costs say whatever amount but you're guarunteed to pull a player rated 90 or above or something. There are people that spend hundreds of US dollars for packs and get nothing but silvers or bronze or crap. Does it say rare? Yes, it does. But either lower the VC for packs and keep the odds the same, or raise the VC prices but significantly increase the odds.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #8
Rookie

Some of the problem is people flood the market with packs. Think of cashnasty who spends 200k vc almost every day. Now you know there is plenty more just like him. On the plus side it drives the prices down for people who just buy the players.

Soon as a pack is worth it people will overspend to drive the prices down to nothing. Just like on the weekend where packs were 30 percent off. You think its a great deal because you think of what prices were like the problem is you couldnt sell anything out of them for a week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »