Home

Post WrestleMania Title Plans

This is a discussion on Post WrestleMania Title Plans within the Dirt forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2
Post WrestleMania Title Plans

So according to MetsFan4Ever of reddit fame, there's much talk about the titles post-WrestleMania:

Quote:
After talking to a few people today at the SmackDown tapings word going around is that Brock Lesnar is very close to agreeing on a new contract with the WWE. With the lack of popularity that Roman Reigns has received as of late, Triple H is pushing Vince on the idea of keeping the WWE Championship on Brock.

This would also have huge ramifications with two of the under card matches on the show.

If Brock retains the title it would in all likelihood mean a continued "special attraction schedule" for him. Triple H as of late has been big on the idea that the I.C. Title and the U.S. Title should mean something again. The plan, if Brock retains is to put the U.S. Title on John Cena and the I.C. Title on Daniel Bryan. The theory would be that two legit Superstars would bring legitimacy to both titles. Also, while Brock is gone both men can main event Raw, Smackdown, PPVs and house shows with those titles on top of the card. Which again, would bring back the legitimacy of both belts.

A lot can change between now and WrestleMania. But this is just one of the many ideas that are being discussed. I have not been told of any other ideas, but if I hear more, I will be sure to pass the information along to this great community.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircl...mania_read_at/

I'm torn on what to think if this actually happens. Where does that leave the mid card talent? If the IC and US Titles are treated like the WWE and WHC of previous years and will be main eventing PPVs, there's nothing to stop the WWE from just ignoring storylines for midcard talent and it potentially stunts their development.

This would be a prime opportunity to introduce an actual Internet Championship that solely relies on fan voting/input for storylines and feuds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 07:59 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Post WrestleMania Title Plans

Now that Brock has re-signed, I'm only okay with Brock losing if:

1. The Rock interferes and we get Rock/Brock @ WM32.

2. I'm still a little torn here but if Heyman turns on Lesnar and costs him the match and aligns with Reigns. I just don't see this happening because now that Brock has re-signed, he still needs Heyman as his mouthpiece.

Honestly, I guess I just don't want Reigns to win cleanly. But they have him on ****ing sportsnation and Paul Heyman was there too kissing his ***, so I unfortunately think Reigns is going to be winning and remaining a babyface. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=125...SportsnationFB
Old 03-24-2015, 08:01 PM   #3
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

"Introduce an actual Internet Championship that solely relies on fan voting/input for storylines and feuds"?

Not sure if serious...
Old 03-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

I think Brock retains, then gets ready to defend against either Cena (again!) or D-Bry, or both in another triple threat.

It's the way things go now in the E.....one guy who doesn't get much pop gets one shot at the title, then after losing, becomes a jobber. Meanwhile, the "bread and butter" guys get numerous shots...
Old 03-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #5
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
"Introduce an actual Internet Championship that solely relies on fan voting/input for storylines and feuds"?

Not sure if serious...
Absolutely serious. If you gave the fans actual options on the app for who gets a title shot and what the stipulation would be, it could be a great way to engage fans in the product and in their app that they try to push. It would sure beat the options we get now:

Who should Rollins face in the main event:
-The popcorn vendor
-The ring announcer
-Moppy
-Dean Ambrose

(Though I'd vote Moppy.)

I think it'd be a way to allow the fans to choose midcard talent to "push" and it would probably make the internetz happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 08:47 PM   #6
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I'd be with you if fan voting on the app was actually legit and carries more weight than it does now, which we all know it doesn't.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:00 PM   #7
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Now that Brock has re-signed, I'm only okay with Brock losing if:

1. The Rock interferes and we get Rock/Brock @ WM32.

2. I'm still a little torn here but if Heyman turns on Lesnar and costs him the match and aligns with Reigns. I just don't see this happening because now that Brock has re-signed, he still needs Heyman as his mouthpiece.

Honestly, I guess I just don't want Reigns to win cleanly. But they have him on ****ing sportsnation and Paul Heyman was there too kissing his ***, so I unfortunately think Reigns is going to be winning and remaining a babyface. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=125...SportsnationFB
Why?
Old 03-24-2015, 10:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
Absolutely serious. If you gave the fans actual options on the app for who gets a title shot and what the stipulation would be, it could be a great way to engage fans in the product and in their app that they try to push. It would sure beat the options we get now:

Who should Rollins face in the main event:
-The popcorn vendor
-The ring announcer
-Moppy
-Dean Ambrose

(Though I'd vote Moppy.)

I think it'd be a way to allow the fans to choose midcard talent to "push" and it would probably make the internetz happy.
I like this idea. It would give some of the midcard guys a way to get over. Sandow would rule that title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt »