Home

This patch has ruined My Team

This is a discussion on This patch has ruined My Team within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
This patch has ruined My Team

I don't understand why the hell 2k even released this patch. The game was fine before, now ppl can just run around the 3pt and drain shots.

They took it out in the last patch and brought it right back. Like wtf???? People just turbo around the court and shoot 3's all game now. Its ridiculous. Completely ruined this mode now. Its bad enough that you have players with 95 plus 3pt ratings.

Now on ball defense doesn't even matter. You can get perfect releases with an inch of space. Way to screw up a good game 2k
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 02:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This patch has ruined My Team

What patch? Did i miss something recently?
Old 03-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #3
MVP

3 point shoot is really easy. I mean i use the same starters for a very long time and I know their release but when I get to be wide open I get almost 80% for 3s. I mean I know it is easier but this is too high %. When wide open I feel it is same difficulty as FT.Hell sometimes when Klay thompson gets the ball on fast break I stop and shoot 3.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
QNo
MVP

I think that the patch made online play a lot better. Getting open shots is more rewarded, so basketball IQ matters more. Online-D is both easier and more rewarded, since the probability of contested shots going in has been decreased. I've yet to see someone shoot above 55% against me over a whole game, even with crazy lineups. I think open shots could be toned down just a little bit, but it's still a lot better than pre-patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
.Hell sometimes when Klay thompson gets the ball on fast break I stop and shoot 3.
Which is exactly what happens in real NBA games, so this is good.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Doesnt this promote more on ball defense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #6
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitewaters
Doesnt this promote more on ball defense?
Indeed it does, which is why I like the patch.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:18 PM   #7
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

You could play perfect on ball defense and still get shots hit in your face. Trust me, I love playing on ball. I take pride in it. But this patch disrespects good defense all together.

It's impossible to play on ball defense when guys are turboing around the court and just stop on a dime to get the shot up. I played a guy who kept running to the corner with Melo and hit almost every single 3, no matter if he was defended well or not.

It's stupid
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 03-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #8
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

Don't get me wrong, this patch is great for people who move the ball, and keep the defense on its heels. Its great to see shots dropping that come as a result of great ball movement.

However, in this broken game, a left right left right pull up is also considered an open shot. And no matter what anyone says, you can't recover 100% on those shots. You can close out, but it still gives people enough space to get constant perfect releases.

A solution would be to penalize shots that come from moving left right left right by 50% or so. It would even things out, however it would be difficult to code in. A line of code could be written to penalize anyone who goes left, then right, then left again. A decreased shot accuracy penalty would be great.

After one left right move its easy to recover, but eventually you end up giving a bit of ground.

I didn't mind things pre patch, I got used to not taking open shots and driving instead. Now kids are shot jacking 30-40 3's a game and keeping up / winning games, kinda sad.

And if this is gonna keep happening, then at least make fouls in the paint happen more often. Especially during those insane contact animations where you just throw the ball up, and drop dead on the ground because you just got body slammed but no call is made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »