Home

Unreasonable Board Expectations (!!!)

This is a discussion on Unreasonable Board Expectations (!!!) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-17-2015, 11:18 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Unreasonable Board Expectations (!!!)

So ... I just finished 16th in Ligue One ... I barely avoided regulation ... my objective for the current season was "finish mid-table" ... I did not meet that objective ... but I was not fired ... hurray ... so I moved on to the next season ...

The board objective for me in season two is ... "qualify for Euro League" ... are you kidding me?!? I just scraped by to barely avoid relegation ... and my objective for the following season is to finish 5th or higher? This is simply unreasonable ...

I tried the thing where I fill my team sheet with the eleven weakest players on my team (which, for me, was a few high 50's and mostly mid 60's) at the end of the season, before I advance to the next season ... but, no, a team of mostly 60's players who just barely avoided the drop in 2014/2015 is now expected to qualify for Euro League in 2015/2016.

I am pretty much ruined ... right? There is nothing I can do here?

The whole "firing" concept is really stupid ... you should at least be allowed to turn it off ... why would EA make a game where you, the player (the person who purchased the game) get "kicked out" of playing your game (the game that you purchased ... from EA)? Harrumph!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 11:22 PM   #2
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Unreasonable Board Expectations (!!!)

Did you have more than one team sheet though? Apparently if you have more than one team sheet then even if you have the bad players on the current sheet it will still account for the others and give you the same goals.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 03-17-2015, 11:28 PM   #3
Pro

OK - fair enough - I will give this a try (I thought it was only on the "main" team sheet) - maybe this will save me. You are suggesting that I need to fill all of my team sheets with roughly the same "dummy team" to give the impression that my squad is not so good.

To be honest ... my actual squad (my "starters") is not really "qualify for Euro League" good in the first place ... my best XI is all between 70 and 75 ... that is *not* Top 5 material ...

The season that I just completed ... I finished 10 / 7 / 21 ... 31 GF / 55 GA ... I am awful at this game (some of those wins were the result of playing the same match multiple times ... which I feel super-guilty about). I was worried that I was going to get fired in year one (when my objective was "finish mid-table"). I am even more worried that I am even more likely to get fired in year two if my objective stays at "qualify for Euro League".
Old 03-17-2015, 11:53 PM   #4
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Either switch all of them yeah, or delete the others so you just have 1 team sheet for FIFA to judge from, I'm not sure which. If changing them all doesn't work, try deleting them all and using one, it will be a pain but recreating them shouldn't take too long.

I do agree with the board goals escalating a bit too quickly, especially for clubs that are never really competing for top of the table and are happy to just stay in mid table on pretty much every season.

Also, I agree that you should be able to turn firings off and on, based on whether you want the career mode to be about the manager or the team, like myself as West Ham for example, if I were to be fired it would pretty much kill the career mode for me.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 03-18-2015, 04:48 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

If the only change they make to career mode next year is the ability to turn off being fired, or set the toughness of the goals, then I'd be perfectly happy with the mode. I'd take more, but that has to be a must.

I know lots of people, myself included, would rather play a "manager mode" rather than a "career mode". I don't want to move from team to team, I just want to manage one club.

I wasn't sure if the whole fielding a weak team thing worked again this year, as I know it at least does at the start of the save. Hopefully the one team sheet method takes care of it from year to year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 08:18 PM   #6
Pro

OK ... that worked ... I had to change the roster for EACH of my team sheets to reflect the *weakest* eleven players on my roster ... I do not think that the players listed as the seven subs matters.

My new objective is "avoid relegation" ... which, given how much I stink at this game, is a far more reasonable objective.

Part of my team development strategy does include keeping a handful of terrible players on my roster ... simply for this purpose of "sabotaging" my roster at the turnover from one season to another. With only 42 roster spots to work with - it is sort of annoying to waste some of those spots on awful players - but it is something that I think I need to plan for.

Anyway ... this looks like it worked ... and I wanted to let everyone know.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:51 PM   #7
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Not that I ever finish a season or anything(as anyone who's followed my dynasties can attest) but I kind of like the fact that you're never secure in your position, it adds another dimension to the game. If I remember correctly, several years back you couldn't even choose your start team, you instead were given a choice of a few smaller clubs and had to earn your way to the top sides.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:05 PM   #8
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I like it too Orion. Soccer club boards are crazy in real life. Manager turnover should be reflected in the game. I just wish their "philosophies" would carry over over like 2K Hoops

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »