Home

this game is about to find it self on a shelf for a while.

This is a discussion on this game is about to find it self on a shelf for a while. within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-17-2015, 03:13 AM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
this game is about to find it self on a shelf for a while.

honeymoon effect has worn off. i been playing alot the past 2 days. and WOW. its like this game has took a turn for the worst.

- I CANT HIT ANY 3s. NO MATTER WHO IS DOING IT. and if any do go it for some odd reason it has to be contested.i cant get OPEN 3s to fall for the life of me. meanwhile the CPU is just taking some shots that has me going REALLY? westbrook/Rose are better 3 point shooters for the CPU than me with melo in LUT

- the update has murdered rebounding. i used to come out with like 20 boards. now i be lucky to get 15. it doesnt help that they appeared to adda new animation that makes it where your players are no where near the ball to reaction on it. while theCPU is there all the time. it doesnt help that some boards just feel rigged for the CPU. this is why i stopped playing the other game.

- this game wants me to play HULK SMASH now with how piss poor the shooting is. and i cant even tho that right since on superstar at least, most layups are now altered and blocked. while the CPU (while it seems d has been improved slightly) still makes some circus non believable BS

to avoid getting stressed out , ima just put the game down for a while. it doesnt help that the other game just got a update that seems to improve gameplay alot. and we have SLIDERS to fix what we want.

before i get attacked. i still feel live is the better BBALL sim. but if this keeps up this series is about to be a joke like the other game.

FIX THE GAME. i'll still hang around here but ima need a break from this game. idk what EA is doing. im tempted to take a flight to orlando to show them what a jumpshot is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
Pro

Re: this game is about to find it self on a shelf for a while.

No update has been released in the last couple of days, so it's not like gameplay has been changed. Shooting is inconsistent, sometimes you just have to keep playing if your in a slump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2015, 10:57 AM   #3
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Before this last one I was making my3s With the occasionally miss, but now I can't make anything like this is getting frustrating. "Keep playing" is going to result in a ps4 being thrown.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:23 PM   #4
Pro

The patch nor rosters or data updates affected gameplay. I do however have some suggestions to get open looks.

1. Play with teams who have stretch 4s, an go to coach options> offense> 4 out 1 in. This will spread the floor allowing for open threes if someone helps on penetration.

Another is to run pick and rolls often, with the big man who is "in" in the 4 out 1 in formation. If the screener man hedges, throw to the screener or skip pass it to shooter who's defender is helping on the roll to the rim. It's usually the guy in the corner who is open.

Lastly, for Lut, the best playbooks Imo are the trail blazers and rockets. My favorite play for the rockets is "dribble pistol". It's a spread pick and roll from the wing with the sg and center. Someone will most likely be open.
For the blazers it's 51 pop, another spread pick and roll this time with the pg and center.

One more thing, if going against a zone, look for any play that has horns in it, they are great zone busters.

Hope this helps get you more open shots and ease your shooting woes

Old 03-17-2015, 08:22 PM   #5
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

The defense is too good causing missed shots.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 08:45 PM   #6
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

You're too generous. I shelved this ages ago and won't be bringing it back.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:03 PM   #7
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

I only have problem shooting threes, that's it. I pretty much hit every thing else, but it does suck that sometimes I shoot 1-9 from downtown, or 6-17, I just go with the flow of the game, I don't expect to shoot a high percentage from three. It's not like it hard to beat the CPU any ways lol
Old 03-18-2015, 12:25 AM   #8
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyattia
The patch nor rosters or data updates affected gameplay. I do however have some suggestions to get open looks.

1. Play with teams who have stretch 4s, an go to coach options> offense> 4 out 1 in. This will spread the floor allowing for open threes if someone helps on penetration.

Another is to run pick and rolls often, with the big man who is "in" in the 4 out 1 in formation. If the screener man hedges, throw to the screener or skip pass it to shooter who's defender is helping on the roll to the rim. It's usually the guy in the corner who is open.

Lastly, for Lut, the best playbooks Imo are the trail blazers and rockets. My favorite play for the rockets is "dribble pistol". It's a spread pick and roll from the wing with the sg and center. Someone will most likely be open.
For the blazers it's 51 pop, another spread pick and roll this time with the pg and center.

One more thing, if going against a zone, look for any play that has horns in it, they are great zone busters.

Hope this helps get you more open shots and ease your shooting woes

i try looking into some of these. i know about the pick and roll thing, but i hate the idea that i will have to do PnRs all game to get open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
The defense is too good causing missed shots.

Good Defense on OPEN looks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
I only have problem shooting threes, that's it. I pretty much hit every thing else, but it does suck that sometimes I shoot 1-9 from downtown, or 6-17, I just go with the flow of the game, I don't expect to shoot a high percentage from three. It's not like it hard to beat the CPU any ways lol

i win most of my games too, but its extremely annoying that i cant run FULL offense due to this game in ability to try to fix the shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
You're too generous. I shelved this ages ago and won't be bringing it back.
i actually gave it 1 final go before i called it good . its like someone heard my complaints and today they made the 3's fall again. same looks i been missing started going in. w/e i take it, but im still not happy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »