Home

At 750 cards what now?

This is a discussion on At 750 cards what now? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
At 750 cards what now?

I just got to 750 and now have 450k MT to spend. I could go for, at a minimum the Diamond Lilliard or even Harden but I question if there's even a need. He's my roster;

PG: Onyx Nash/Saph Oscar
SG: 90-91 Jordan/Ruby Magic
SF: Diamond Durant/Lebron
PF: Saph Russell/Ruby KG
C: Saph Hakeem/Saph Wilt

If selling right now, my plan is to sell Onyx Nash and try and buy McGrady at 650k. Then sell the rest of my cards (have some pricey ones) and get Onyx Lebron or Dr.J. McGrady would play PG and Lebron SF. The two Diamond cards would never see the floor really. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #2
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: At 750 cards what now?

Go outside. Lol

Also looking for solid CF25 Dynasty owners, follow the link to get started >> PS5 P5 Dynasty Discord
Old 03-23-2015, 05:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Go outside. Lol
For someone who's made 1,400+ posts on a site dedicated to sports gaming that's an interesting take.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:49 PM   #4
Pro

^^ Nice try but 1444 posts in 7,5 years isn't THAT much. 7,5 years is about 2750 days. So that's like half a post per day on average.

As for the "what now?", my advice is always --> try playing with a somewhat realistic team and find out how good you really are.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:59 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
^^ Nice try but 1444 posts in 7,5 years isn't THAT much. 7,5 years is about 2750 days. So that's like half a post per day on average.

As for the "what now?", my advice is always --> try playing with a somewhat realistic team and find out how good you really are.
That's a good advice. I also don't see the point in having exactly the same team like everybody else just because the players have the highest OVRs. That's just boring! And spending several 100ks to replace an OVR 98 player with the same player OVR 99 is just crazy IMO. Don't you have any favorite players you like to get?

Lillard and Harden are both great and of course you should go for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tons28
I just got to 750 and now have 450k MT to spend. I could go for, at a minimum the Diamond Lilliard or even Harden but I question if there's even a need. He's my roster;

PG: Onyx Nash/Saph Oscar
SG: 90-91 Jordan/Ruby Magic
SF: Diamond Durant/Lebron
PF: Saph Russell/Ruby KG
C: Saph Hakeem/Saph Wilt

If selling right now, my plan is to sell Onyx Nash and try and buy McGrady at 650k. Then sell the rest of my cards (have some pricey ones) and get Onyx Lebron or Dr.J. McGrady would play PG and Lebron SF. The two Diamond cards would never see the floor really. Thoughts?

I was in a similar spot around a week ago. I just went for Lillard and sold off most my cards once I got him. Harden would be interesting but if I really wanted him I would go after the Ruby version. But I could see the logic because Harden is essentially free when you sell the cards back.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:20 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozathaog
I was in a similar spot around a week ago. I just went for Lillard and sold off most my cards once I got him. Harden would be interesting but if I really wanted him I would go after the Ruby version. But I could see the logic because Harden is essentially free when you sell the cards back.
With tax hes not really free is he? I could see if you still got mt but after the patch the cost vs reward doesnt seem worth it?
Old 03-24-2015, 12:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitewaters
With tax hes not really free is he? I could see if you still got mt but after the patch the cost vs reward doesnt seem worth it?
That a fair point, unless you sell some cards for more than you bought it for. I guess at best you make your money back. That why I stopped at Lillard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »