Home

Can I connect to 2k servers without the latest patch?

This is a discussion on Can I connect to 2k servers without the latest patch? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-15-2015, 07:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can I connect to 2k servers without the latest patch?

I only play offline, but I have my own teams with created players. I reinstalled the game without the latest patch (PS4). After reinstalling, all my created players are gone, but I have them in a roster save. Now, in order to get the roster save back, the game has to recognize my MyPlayer account, but it won't because I can't connect to 2K servers. I press the 'connect' button, but after 10 seconds it just goes back to main menu. I don't want to play online, I just want the game to recognize my account. Is there any way I can get my created players back without downloading the latest patch because I absolutely HATE it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2015, 08:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Can I connect to 2k servers without the latest patch?

this happened to me also. I got a problem with the game the day before the patch being released. It got stuck in like forever in the NBA logo screen. So, I deleted the game and re-installed it. I Backed up my save files to a usb and I downloaded patch 1.03 and after it was installed, patch 1.04 went live. So I downloaded it, instaledl and run the game. After loading the game, I got this message that says, "Please wait, retrieving data from 2ksports server". Now it took me a couple of mins to pass that. Maybe like 30mins. Then more messages pops up. It says my "Userdata, Roster, Myleague, GamemodeManifest has been corrupted and will be overwritten".

Fvck! All my saves went down the drain. And worst of all, I can't connect online even though my VC points and a brand new Myplayer face appears in the upper left corner. I copied back the back-up saves that I made and still the problem loops. So, I delete all NBA 2k15 save files and start from scratch. It loads fine, no more save files being corrupter, created a new Myplayer account and then boom! Can't connect online. How am I supposed to have those shoes that 2k releases before like the Kobe X or the Lebron XII? I tried different methods, searched Google for problem same as mine but nada. Now, I got 2 profile on my PS4. I tried playing it on the other profile, and guess what? I did connect online. But still those shoes are not yet appearing even though I got tons of pop-ups about those that says it for sale in mycarreer, I'm guessing, it's connected with our profile that was registered to 2k. I still keep my back-up saves on my usb in-case somebody might find a solution for this.

PS: To answer your question, No! You can't connect online without the latest patch.

Last edited by vincemeister55; 03-15-2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Can I connect to 2k servers without the latest patch?

Having the same problem. 10+ seasons of MyGms, all gone. This is ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »