Home

Anyone else notice a difference lately...?

This is a discussion on Anyone else notice a difference lately...? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-09-2015, 04:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Anyone else notice a difference lately...?

I don't know...maybe it's just me.

But I noticed the difference on last Thursday...and continue to do so as I keep playing.

Just seeing a noticeable difference in gameplay. It's several things...

First, the rate of steals/pokes has gone way down.

Two, the defensive AI for rotations and match ups feels completely different. Never have I seen so many dumb switches, bad rotations, stupid cross matches for NO REASON in the half court, and silly double teams.

Three....rebounding is back to being a joke. All of the sudden I've been seeing good rebounders just flat out DROP rebounds. I'm not talking about rebounds that get poked loose by Tenacious Rebounder players...I'm talking about players just dropping rebounds with no one else really around them or going for the ball.

Offensive rebounds by the CPU seem to be back to the levels they were when the game was first released.

Four....fouls are getting called with more frequency. I haven't changed my defense at all...but suddenly almost every drive into the lane by the CPU results in FOUL. I'm getting fouls called on me while doing nothing but standing there with my "hands up" using the R-stick while holding the R-stick AWAY from the offensive player.

Five....Passing is clunkier than ever. The first couple of games I played on Thursday, I thought it was just me. I figured I was just "rusty", even though I'd played Tuesday and Wednesday and not had this issue.

Suddenly I'm having passes go completely away from where I want them to....even when it's obvious I'm holding the left stick towards the player I want to pass to. Passing has always been a little "clunky" but since Thursday it feels as bad as it ever has.

Six....lots more interceptions and deflections on passes by the CPU. Suddenly these are happening all the time. Often on passes the CPU never used to deflect, especially "flashy passes".

There are a few other little things I've also noticed that seem different...but these above are the most obvious.

Am I just losing my mind and playing a little too much 2K?

At first I thought that it might just be me...but I'm seeing this same stuff again and again and again...

It literally feels like I'm playing a different game ever since I stopped playing Wednesday night and started playing on Thursday night.

Anyone else notice a difference? Or is it just me?

Last edited by coached17; 03-09-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #2
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Re: Anyone else notice a difference lately...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
I don't know...maybe it's just me.

But I noticed the difference on last Thursday...and continue to do so as I keep playing.

Just seeing a noticeable difference in gameplay. It's several things...

On defense its several things...

First, the rate of steals/pokes has gone way down.

Two, the defensive AI for rotations and match ups feels completely different. Never have I seen so many dumb switches, bad rotations, stupid cross matches for NO REASON in the half court, and silly double teams.

Three....rebounding is back to being a joke. All of the sudden I've been seeing good rebounders just flat out DROP rebounds. I'm not talking about rebounds that get poked loose but Tenacious Rebounder players...I'm talking about players just dropping rebounds with no one else really around them or going for the ball.

Offensive rebounds by the CPU seem to be back to the levels they were when the game was first released.

Four....fouls are getting called with more frequency. I haven't changed my defense at all...but suddenly almost every drive into the lane by the CPU results in FOUL. I'm getting fouls called on me while doing nothing but standing there with my "hands up" using the R-stick while holding the R-stick AWAY from the offensive player.

Five....Passing is clunkier than ever. The first couple of games I played on Thursday, I thought it was just me. I figured I was just "rusty", even though I'd played Tuesday and Wednesday and not had this issue.

Suddenly I'm having passes go completely away from where I want them to....even when it's obvious I'm holding the left stick towards the player I want to pass to. Passing has always been a little "clunky" but since Thursday it feels as bad as it ever has.

Six....lots more interceptions and deflections on passes by the CPU. Suddenly these are happening all the time. Often on passes the CPU never used to deflect, especially "flashy passes".

There are a few other little things I've also noticed that seem different...but these above are the most obvious.

Am I just losing my mind and playing a little too much 2K?

At first I thought that it might just be me...but I'm seeing this same stuff again and again and again...

It literally feels like I'm playing a different game ever since I stopped playing Wednesday night and started playing on Thursday night.

Anyone else notice a difference? Or is it just me?
It's not just you...something is really wrong with this game, the stuff that I'm seeing is very insulting to us buyer's. it's like a slap in the face. I don't know if its superstar sim level but this is not a basketball game, its more like ice hockey slash bumper cars.

The game gets nasty, real nasty if you stop the cpu from scoring, the game will take away your layups, or any easy way for you to score. and the way the cpu score is very unrealistic, they have a thread call rage..if you play this game you will develop rage and break this game in half. the cpu morph is outrageous. the passes are set up for turnovers, fast break are set up so you won't score, i had praises for this game, now it's unplayable.

Mabye HOF and SSTAR sim levels are broken.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:55 PM   #3
Banned

Well...this isn't really a "complaint" thread...the changes happened between playing the game Wednesday and Thursday - March 4th and 5th.

I can just FEEL the difference since Wednesday.

My guys are slipping and sliding around on defense...there is less contact on defense with offensive players and if I even try to reach the CPU does a crossover or step back move IMMEDIATELY.

I'm seeing a noticeable difference as far as that last one goes.

Fastbreak AI feels broken...the number of alley-oop opportunities is way down and when I do get the chance to throw one it is always deflected. And this is coming from a guy who probably throws less alley-oops than 99% of the players who play this game. I rarely throw them...and often prefer the bounce pass on the break.

Since Thursday the game just FEELS more like it did before the patch...and completely different than it did on Wednesday. The defensive issues the most obvious.

The defensive AI feels broken. I'm getting stupid crossmatches even in slow down half court sets where it should be easy for my players to cover the correct man. Instead, I'm seeing the wrong man cover the PG and getting big men covering guards without any picks being set...they are just covering them from the jump.

The passing feels SO much worse. I can't count the number of times I'm passing to the wrong guy. This has always been an issue...but it feels much worse since Thursday.

I'm curious if something was changed. If it was, it's definitely not a good change.

The offensive rebounds feel like they were early on after the game launched. Just seeing my defensive guys totally give up on boxouts even after having position and then starting their boxouts.

I've had to go back probably 20 times and watch a replay just to see how someone grabbed the rebound. Every time its the same thing...my player is in position and the offensive player almost MORPHS thru him and grabs the ball. I'm giving up an all-time high number of offensive boards even though Just about every C and PF I have has a Gold Tenacious Rebounder badge.

I really feel like something took place...because the game is just playing so much DIFFERENTLY than it did just DAYS ago.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:44 PM   #4
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Quote:
Well...this isn't really a "complaint" thread...the changes happened between playing the game Wednesday and Thursday - March 4th and 5th.

I can just FEEL the difference since Wednesday.

My guys are slipping and sliding around on defense...there is less contact on defense with offensive players and if I even try to reach the CPU does a crossover or step back move IMMEDIATELY.

I'm seeing a noticeable difference as far as that last one goes.

Fastbreak AI feels broken...the number of alley-oop opportunities is way down and when I do get the chance to throw one it is always deflected. And this is coming from a guy who probably throws less alley-oops than 99% of the players who play this game. I rarely throw them...and often prefer the bounce pass on the break.

Since Thursday the game just FEELS more like it did before the patch...and completely different than it did on Wednesday. The defensive issues the most obvious.

The defensive AI feels broken. I'm getting stupid crossmatches even in slow down half court sets where it should be easy for my players to cover the correct man. Instead, I'm seeing the wrong man cover the PG and getting big men covering guards without any picks being set...they are just covering them from the jump.

The passing feels SO much worse. I can't count the number of times I'm passing to the wrong guy. This has always been an issue...but it feels much worse since Thursday.

I'm curious if something was changed. If it was, it's definitely not a good change.

The offensive rebounds feel like they were early on after the game launched. Just seeing my defensive guys totally give up on boxouts even after having position and then starting their boxouts.

I've had to go back probably 20 times and watch a replay just to see how someone grabbed the rebound. Every time its the same thing...my player is in position and the offensive player almost MORPHS thru him and grabs the ball. I'm giving up an all-time high number of offensive boards even though Just about every C and PF I have has a Gold Tenacious Rebounder badge.

I really feel like something took place...because the game is just playing so much DIFFERENTLY than it did just DAYS ago.
This is not a complaint thread..I repeat this is not a complaint thread...with that said, i'm having the same problems, i don't know what on earth happen i know this game like the back of my hand, not trying to brag please excuse me..it plays like sh**!! the stupid animations are back, lack of defense are back. but the funny thing is all-star plays great. but could be easily beaten at some times.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:48 PM   #5
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Been this way since the last big patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 10:28 PM   #6
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

I'm playing right now and you can't stop nobody..and even if you do, you get call with a foul. my guys stand there and watch the ball drop and don't grab the rebound. can somebody please tell me why the game is playing so poorly now.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

i have noticed this as well. i cant draw a foul to save my life but the cpu gets a foul call on almost any drive to the paint. i run about 75% of my offense in the paint and i get to the line mabey 2-3 times a game.

there also has been alot more warping by the cpu. even if i have 3 guys under the basket the cpu will fly in and slide my players out of the way with no over the back foul called. which also seems to have been toned down. bout a week or two ago, over the back fouls would happen way to frequently. now i noticed they dont happen much anymore.

i wish they would tweak it so you can dunk on people again. lol.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:48 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
This is not a complaint thread..I repeat this is not a complaint thread...with that said, i'm having the same problems, i don't know what on earth happen i know this game like the back of my hand, not trying to brag please excuse me..it plays like sh**!! the stupid animations are back, lack of defense are back. but the funny thing is all-star plays great. but could be easily beaten at some times.
Gotcha....sorry I just misunderstood your first post. My bad...I didn't mean anything by it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »