Home

i dont know how, but i think shooting got WORSE

This is a discussion on i dont know how, but i think shooting got WORSE within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
i dont know how, but i think shooting got WORSE

is it me or have the shooting in this game gone to hell? since the last roster update (or the one b4 it) shots that were falling last month are now missing, i used to have good games from the 3, but now i can hit NOTHING. no matter how open i am, or if i run a PnR.

i built a while niehborhood with all the bricks i shot this week alone. EA what is going on? i really hope that this is just me going thru this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 04:35 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: i dont know how, but i think shooting got WORSE

No. It's you
Old 03-08-2015, 11:21 PM   #3
Rookie

mitsurugi_78's Arena

Yup, the bricking sucks...would be nice if EA put a shoot button in the game so we could actually score...lol.

I've given up on EA's NBA game, I'll look at the demo for 16...but if it isn't drastically improved...I won't waste my money. I bought 15 right off the bat...and they patched it and broke it..and now they won't even update the damn thing.

I've played over 150 games in LUT and fantasy challenges...call it my opinion or what ever you want...but I know a lot of people playing this game agree with me 100%.

Anyway...those who still like the game enjoy.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:16 AM   #4
Rookie

ctsoxfan's Arena

Let me first say - I like Live 15, and I have more fun playing it than I did with 2K15 before I sold it. I like LUT much, much more than MyTeam, and I like the way they add new challenges constantly to LUT.

But the shooting in the game drives me nuts. I play mostly the single player challenges vs. the cpu. I can be wide open, with a high rated 3pt shooter, behind the 3pt line - and miss constantly. Meanwhile, any old scrub that happens to be on the cpu team is MONEY from 3pt range if I leave them open for even a split second, and many times even when I am right in the shooters face. It's so bad that I simply don't take any shots outside the paint. I just drive to the basket, or maybe try a short jumper or hook shot.

The other day, on all-star difficulty, some guard on the cpu team hit his first 11 3 pointers in a row! I can't even remember who it was, so it was definitely a minor player...but yep 11 for 11! Meanwhile, my team of legends was missing shots that were wide open. I thought I understood how to shoot in Live 15, but then again, maybe I don't.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:48 AM   #5
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah the patch they put on this game really sucks.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 01:16 PM   #6
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
Yeah the patch they put on this game really sucks.....
Is this the patch EA put out today that's having this effect?
Old 03-10-2015, 01:36 PM   #7
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Is this the patch EA put out today that's having this effect?
Nah, the previous patch

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2015, 04:46 AM   #8
Rookie

Yeah, everything about the ultimate team play is complete and utter bull****. The cpu cheats so bad its disgusting. No matter what you do, the cpu will always magically have half their team under their basket for a fast break when two seconds earlier they were just guarding your guys who haven't even made it across half court yet!

Their 6 foot point guard will always get three offensive rebounds per possession regardless of the fact that you have Cousins, Love, and Griffin all crashing the boards, and he will also block all of them with ease. Every shot from outside will miss, and every time you try to do what the cpu does and drive to the hole, it's a guaranteed charging call even when they are standing directly under the basket.

But probably the two things that are the most full of ****, are the random phantom passing (where the CPU apparently decides it's time for you to turn the ball over and randomly alters what should be a normal inbound pass, into a knuckleball that is thrown 50 feet down court to nobody where it either goes out of bounds or is "picked" off by the CPU), and the ridiculous frequency of shooting fouls called against players you are not even usering! There is no excuse for my computer AI to give up 20 points a game from shooting fouls, especially when their defense intensity is mild at its highest.

And everyone playing my team or dynasty modes that think the game is "too easy", try playing the real mode, Ultimate Team, where there is no slider adjustment, and EA has an economical reason to make it as hard as possible for you to win (since the only way to get people to spend tons of money trying to pack the best players, is by making the game hard enough that it seems impossible to succeed without them).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »