Home

So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts?

This is a discussion on So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts?

It's borderline insane how 10+ point leads can be consistently lost in the 2nd half of games. Quick ranked, MyTeam, MyCareer, Offline games. Had a game earlier where this Pistons user goes on a 13-0 run in the 3rd on me when I was up double digits lol.

Last game I was playing this Thunder user while I had the Heat. I was completely dominating the game. He would try to go iso Westbrook so I threw Luol Deng on him and every time he got the ball I would throw a double and none of his shooters could get into a rhythm.

I was running plays posting up Wade, midrangers with Wade, pick and roll with Whiteside, had a hot streak where I hit back to back to back 3s with Dragic. This even lasted through the 3rd quarter. I got comfortable. I thought since nothing happened in the 3rd quarter I was good to go LOL.

Then the 4th quarter happened. I start missing layups, shot fatigue kicks in and I can't make any threes. I start getting this absolutely ridiculous slow pass animations and my players start throwing passes off defenders head. I try to run quick post ups but Wade won't get into the post up animations.

And before anyone comes in here and tells me to call a timeout I called 3 that quarter and nothing changed. It was a tie game and I had a wide open layup under the basket with Wade and he gets this weird looking animation where he's going up for a layup but the ball slips out of his hand wtf.

And this works both ways I'm not even scared when I'm down by 10 or more because I know I'll come back in the 2nd half. It's absolutely ridiculous. Is there any way to stop this from happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
Rookie

PattyJ's Arena

Re: So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts?

basketball is a game of runs. i enjoy the fact that no lead is comfortable, as is so in real life.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I've never really noticed this in my time with the game. It does seem like the computer tends to play a little better in the 3rd quarter, but at the same time, I've had plenty of games where it was I who went on a run in the 3rd quarter. I've had games where the other team made a huge comeback on me, and I've had games where I cruised to a 20+ point victory the whole way. I've never seen enough to think that 2K has some kind of comeback code that can be triggered.

It sounds to me like your opponent got hot, your shooting cooled off, and then you had a couple unlucky plays down the stretch. Sometimes that's basketball. One team knocks down bad shots while the other misses quality looks. One team throws a bad pass that somehow gets through, while the other team has a man wide open and the pass gets deflected by sheer luck. Happens in real life all the time.

Obviously, I didn't see the game, so I can't comment on things such as the floaty passes, Wade not engaging his defender in the post, etc. I didn't get to see their context. That stuff happens to every player in every game, but whether it happened to you more than usual during that stretch or you were just unlucky enough to have them happen at the wrong times, I don't know.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:56 PM   #4
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Step your game up! :shoc ked:
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 03-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Whats up CZAR, can you relay to the other 2K team to look into MyPark Voice chat on PS4. Its definitely hindering the ability to play Pick-up games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 02:41 PM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Ironically I just finished a game where I end t up 23-10 in the first and they never got closer than 9.

I've been on both sides of this argument though. I probably subconsciously prepare for it based on past experiences, lol

Don't really see it this year though, one thing I will tell you is that the CPU always adjusts to your POE In the second half....
Old 03-05-2015, 03:11 PM   #7
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyJ
basketball is a game of runs. i enjoy the fact that no lead is comfortable, as is so in real life.
I understand that. It's just the feeling that I have no control of my team when those runs happen that annoys me. I try calling timeouts and slowing the game down but I still feel like I'm at the mercy of 2K lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Step your game up! :shoc ked:
Lol Czar I'm pretty good at the game. I play with the Knicks usually but good stick skills can only take a crappy team so far against Cavs and Thunder users so I'm alternating between the Heat and Blazers now.

I said I was dominating this guy from the 1st through 3rd quarters and 4th quarter comes and I'm suddenly missing layups, my AI teammates are blowing defensive assignments, and throwing terrible passes.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:16 PM   #8
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

3rd quarter come backs are real and they aren't even user Initiated. The losing team gets a boost at the start of the 3rd qtr. I won a game like this a few weeks back and I even tweeted about it. The person I played couldn't, get any rebounds, couldn't make any shots starts turning the ball over. It was forced because I never changed my game or adjusted. Here is what I tweeted the devs that day.
I felt bad because the person was out playing me by making shots. I don't want wins like that.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 03-05-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »