Home

What other Pink Diamonds do we know for sure are coming?

This is a discussion on What other Pink Diamonds do we know for sure are coming? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What other Pink Diamonds do we know for sure are coming?

I know lebron is supposed to be one. And possibly Larry Bird?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
Banned

yung_nipz's Arena

Re: What other Pink Diamonds do we know for sure are coming?

Larry Bird, Isiah Thomas, LeBron, MJ
Old 03-01-2015, 05:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung_nipz
Larry Bird, Isiah Thomas, LeBron, MJ
Such a waste. Besides maybe Isiah, these guys are already nearly maxed out. What more can they do? Give Bird a 99 dunk? Give MJ 99 rebound stats? So glad I'm not wrapped up in the Pink Diamond craze.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:42 PM   #4
Rookie

I just wish each color would actually signify something consistently! Originally we thought onyx was 'prime' but onyx kemp disproved that! Pink diamond melo is his 'prime', would say the same for shaq but theres a regular diamond shaq who is reportedly a 'prime' version as well! Yea, this is getting confusing 2k

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Twins
Such a waste. Besides maybe Isiah, these guys are already nearly maxed out. What more can they do? Give Bird a 99 dunk? Give MJ 99 rebound stats? So glad I'm not wrapped up in the Pink Diamond craze.
I think they're fun to play with. I'm not one of those jackasses who starts 4 of them every game. Honestly they aren't as overpowered as the stats make them look. Durant is just pedestrian and Malone is very difficult to use on offense.

I actually like that they did Malone because if you don't understand the complex affair that is post scoring in this game, you are going to get nothing but bricks with him. Everyone I've played so far who has him clearly has no idea what they're doing and usually struggles to shoot more than 30%.

To answer your other question, they do players like LBJ and MJ because they get people excited. This is all ultimately about Twitter follows and trending.

If you can't get them, ignore it. I've figured out a method that works for me, so I have been getting them for fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 06:20 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Malone is very difficult to use on offense. If you don't understand the complex affair that is post scoring in this game, you are going to get nothing but bricks with him
It doesn't take much effort to put up 20 to 30 points per game with PD Malone.

All you have to do is keep feeding him for post-up fadeaways or run some pick and fades/pick and rolls with him.

Defense is where that card struggles, due to his short wingspan, low vertical rating (50) and 6'9" height.

He's also a mediocre free throw shooter, if your opponents are smart enough to foul him every time he has a sure dunk or layup.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:30 PM   #7
Banned

yung_nipz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbandy10
I think they're fun to play with. I'm not one of those jackasses who starts 4 of them every game. Honestly they aren't as overpowered as the stats make them look. Durant is just pedestrian and Malone is very difficult to use on offense.

I actually like that they did Malone because if you don't understand the complex affair that is post scoring in this game, you are going to get nothing but bricks with him. Everyone I've played so far who has him clearly has no idea what they're doing and usually struggles to shoot more than 30%.

To answer your other question, they do players like LBJ and MJ because they get people excited. This is all ultimately about Twitter follows and trending.

If you can't get them, ignore it. I've figured out a method that works for me, so I have been getting them for fun.
You don't need to understand complex post scoring... He has a money post fade and midrange.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung_nipz
You don't need to understand complex post scoring... He has a money post fade and midrange.
Unfortunately that constitutes complex post scoring for most people playing RTTP.

How many people actually run a post play with their bigs?

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »