Home

College Basketball Game, Let's make it Happen

This is a discussion on College Basketball Game, Let's make it Happen within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
College Basketball Game, Let's make it Happen

I know alot of us have BEGGED for it but doesnt look like we will be getting a Authentic Copyrighted College Basketball Game anytime Soon. How would you feel about a Generic College Basketball Game? Meaning Fictional Players, Conferences, Logos, etc? I mean look at the Success of Fictional Draft Classes for NBA2k15(Shoutout to Sim World Team), Madden and even NCAA Football Rosters that were Fictional.

The game would need to be FULLY Customizable for USERs. I have a feeling it would be a HIT. Just look how many GAME Modders/Editors we have out there now, look how many people Beg for College Rosters/Teams on NBA games.

We need to spread the word. Use not Only Sports Gaming Forums but Also Social Media.

I actually have an idea sketched out for around 300 teams, and TEN 30 Team Conferences. Heck i would be happy with Ten 10 Team Conferences. So much would be possible.

I have been making alot of Tweets on RTs on Twitter about the Project. If you are on Twitter give me a Follow and RT some Tweets, and if you make Tweets about it, tag me so I can Follow and RT. Let's see if we can make this happen.

My Twitter handle is at the bottom of My Signature.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2015, 09:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Luca_Blight's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: College Basketball Game, Let's make it Happen

I would love to play something like this. I recently picked up College Hoops 2k8 again off ebay [because the lack of a new college b-ball game] and im loving it...But we need something new

I think the developers are afraid to make ANYTHING to do with college sports at this point, because of what happened with EA Sports and NCAA lawsuit. And thats why we need to see a fully customizable college basketball game [plus other sports too].
Old 03-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I literally regret getting rid of my 360 because I miss 2k8... (i still have a copy .. even tho i don't have a 360 anymore

I'd pay 100 bucks for a college game and not even blink
Old 03-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

This thread is not getting the views i had hoped. I believe it has alot to do with this section of Forums, not being as busy as it once was. So if you guys have Twitter, post a link to the thread. Lets get things going.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:57 AM   #5
Rookie

gluecows's Arena

OVR: 1

I used to be a part of Simsportsworld.com before it died

I thought that concept was really, really good and I would love to see a game that uses this concept. There's 3 parts. You can be a Coach, Owner or Player.

As a player you start out as a Senior in high school with other real players on your team and a real coach. You improve by going online and training which means ACTIVE players get rewarded. you play your season against other real coaches and players for about 20 days and then you play the high school playoffs. During High school college coaches have the job to scout and recruit players to their teams. at the end of the season players decide which college they want to commit to.

Next season in college is similar to high school about 250+ colleges play a 20 game season (takes 20 days) followed by a conference tournament to determine auto-bids and then starts the 68-team March madness tournament. After the college season your player can decide to stay in college or go pro. where you'd be drafted by Coach's in the Pros in a draft.

The pros are run by coach's/GM's and owned by real owners. Similar to real-life some owners will want to be good and some would rather earn in-game revenue and it's the GM/coach's challenge to do what the owner pleases.

I'd love to see a game like this come back because it has HUGE potential and could make whoever runs it A LOT of money. Simsportsworld was making a lot of money from premium users (a $5 fee per month that allows you to make unlimited players/coach's) free users were limited to 3 players and 3 coach's. As well as Cards (Provide temporary boosts to players in games).

Not sure how I can help but if there was anyone who could help get this game developed and going I would love to help in any way possible.

The biggest challenge is developing a basketball simulation. Though I know the old Simsportsworld owner and he may be willing to hand out his old bball code. It has potential to be REALLY fun and make a lot of money while NOT being pay-to-win.
From the challenges of constructing a roster and managing a professional sports team, to competing to be one of the best players in the world, your sports dreams are possible at www.SimSportsWorld.com

Last edited by gluecows; 03-05-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 07:46 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 35

Not to be a killjoy, but I can't see anyway that this is feasible. With today's systems, it takes big money to develop complex games and the big development companies haven't shown any interest in making another college hoops game. Maybe someone could develop an XBLA-style game, but I don't think it would offer the features and graphics that would make it an upgrade over College Hoops 2k8.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Not to be a killjoy, but I can't see anyway that this is feasible. With today's systems, it takes big money to develop complex games and the big development companies haven't shown any interest in making another college hoops game. Maybe someone could develop an XBLA-style game, but I don't think it would offer the features and graphics that would make it an upgrade over College Hoops 2k8.
Without having to pay for Licensing fees a company will save alot of money. And imagine IF the company was 2k, they COULD use CH2k8 as a BASE to start with. They could stripe the game of all of the Licensing info and build from there. I feel any company that would take the chance would be greatly rewarded. Look at the STAYING power of CH2k8.

Guys are ALWAYS asking for College Teams on NBA 2k games. Look at the Popularity of Draft Classes. The love for the College game is there, just gotta give it a shot.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #8
Rookie

F3rN's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm actually surprised done developer hasn't tried to crowd fund a project like this so then they don't incur all the costs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »