Home

USER vs CPU sliders for Heisman

This is a discussion on USER vs CPU sliders for Heisman within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2015, 03:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
USER vs CPU sliders for Heisman

So this is my combination of sliders that I have used from this website. I am hoping to get back some critical feedback and ways to tighten it up. This set works great for my skill level, but would like to make it better.

I do have a couple of house rules like everyone else. I do not run the read option. I dont put ATH at QB. I recruit to the star level of the school with one or two recruits that are higher than my rating.

I used the community Roster set with coaches tendencies. I did not change them. I have found this slider set works better as the edited players graduate so keep that in mind your first few seasons. I have seen the occasional defense pass interference and a one offensive PI !

My year end stats are pretty realistic. Top QB passed for 4200, top RB rushed for 1900, top WR 1800yds.

Offensive skill--Heisman
Defensive skill-Heisman
User vs User skill- Heisman
injures, fatigue, and play clock--on
Quarter length--8 minutes (i have not tried out higher yet, could push to 9)
Game speed- Normal
Threshold-1
Home Field advantage-ON (in college have a higher chance to win at home so i thought this was appropriate. Plus makes road games difficult)

Offsides-63
False start-55
holding-92
facemask-54
OPI-20
DPI-23
KR/PR interference-50
Clipping-55
Intentional grounding-50
Roughing passer-54

user
acc-10
rush defense-50
punt acc-70
ko-40

cpu
acc-5
rush defense-50
ko-45

thanks everyone for feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 10:11 PM   #2
Pro

Re: USER vs CPU sliders for Heisman

gonna give these a try
Old 02-26-2015, 09:45 AM   #3
Rookie

the weird thing about these sliders is the volatility of them. Last night as Kentucky, I routed Texas A&M and Louisville at Kentucky. Week one, I got destroyed by Ole Miss.

Forgot to mention that I am using the playmaker split slider sets for auto subs.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:58 PM   #4
Just started!

My question is as a commish of a online dynasty we are in season 5 and I adjusted sliders but it's only showing on my end and the other user players are showing the original sliders. Am I missing something. Please help
Old 03-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Brian3113's Arena

Tried these out last night. They seem pretty good. I have to play more games. I play as Nebraska and I played Wyoming and won 44-13 which is probably about right. Need to play some better competition and see how it works out. I am using last season's roster with Tommy Armstrong Jr. and Ameer Abdulah, so they ran up some pretty big numbers. and Randy Gregory had a pretty big game. They feel pretty nice though. Nice work.

Oh and I had I think one holding and one facemask penalty. Those have always been way off and I have never seen any slider set that has made them realistic, but oh well.
Portland Trail Blazers
Seattle Sounders FC
Nebraska Cornhuskers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #6
Rookie

I have had some games against good competition and won easily. On the flip side i have struggled with bad teams and on the road. Like I said earlier, they are volatile. I guess like college, you never know what team is going to show up...
Old 03-04-2015, 11:37 AM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTATE12
I have had some games against good competition and won easily. On the flip side i have struggled with bad teams and on the road. Like I said earlier, they are volatile. I guess like college, you never know what team is going to show up...
What you are seeing comes from the HFA setting. I don't know all of how it impacts game play but I know after playing for awhile with it off then turning it back on the game seems more arcade. The most noticeable thing for me is those predetermined drives where nothing you do works. You can stop the same play multiple times but when the HFA kicks in your guys are laying on the ground while the CPU runs by you. It looks like a scene out of The Longest Yard remake. It reminds me of the "keep game close" setting that use to be in the March Madness series years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »