Home

FIFA 15 career mode questions

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 career mode questions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-25-2015, 01:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
FIFA 15 career mode questions

I have FIFA 14 and was thinking of making the upgrade to 15, but wondering if they fixed a few of the issues that bugged me.

Mainly, have they finally gotten the message that people playing career mode are interested in the focus being on their favorite team and not some made up fictional manager? Can you disable being terminated as the coach of your team and can you select an international team?

I'm done with putting 50+ games into a career only to get fired from my favorite team despite meeting all the board's goals, and I'm done hoping that my international team of choice will have a job opening at some point over the next 6 months of playing the game. I just want to play a career as my favorite club team and my international team. Is that so much to ask?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA 15 career mode questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcize
I have FIFA 14 and was thinking of making the upgrade to 15, but wondering if they fixed a few of the issues that bugged me.

Mainly, have they finally gotten the message that people playing career mode are interested in the focus being on their favorite team and not some made up fictional manager? Can you disable being terminated as the coach of your team and can you select an international team?

I'm done with putting 50+ games into a career only to get fired from my favorite team despite meeting all the board's goals, and I'm done hoping that my international team of choice will have a job opening at some point over the next 6 months of playing the game. I just want to play a career as my favorite club team and my international team. Is that so much to ask?
I don't think you can disable firing.

For the international team, there are 2 things that make sense and have worked for me. Important note - make your manager's nationality that of the team you want to coach:
Option 1: There is an item that you can buy in the catalog to give you an invite to coach from your home nation.

Option 2: Decline all other international offers and hope for the best. I was lucky in my most recent career (was thinking of using option 1 after the season) and after a few years of getting crap offers I finally got the offer that I wanted the season after I won the BPL and got coach of the year. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not, but it happened. Definitely noticed a trend of getting higher quality offers based on the league I was managing.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 02-26-2015, 03:31 PM   #3
Rookie

wsatterwhite's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Option 1: There is an item that you can buy in the catalog to give you an invite to coach from your home nation.
Word of warning, unless I've overlooked something this is a one and done deal so if you are someone who likes to have more than one career mode be very careful as to when you choose to use it. While seemingly every other catalog item has multiples, I've only seen one for this.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

I have played a slew of seasons. First of all, don't forget you cam simulate some games. But keep in mind when you do that your rate of losing the simmed games could certainly be higher.

But aside from that caveat, I have NEVER been fired after meeting my goals. A few time I've kept my job after coming in just short of a goal. When you say you've met your goals and gotten fired, are you talking about regular season, domestic cup or both?
Old 03-09-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Also in terms of not getting fired I would recommend switching your team around before the new year turns over... This has worked for me int he past but haven't yet tried on 15.

in the last week of the season after all matches have been played but before it reboots and loads up the next season change around your roster so that all of the worst players are in the starting lineup and bench. This will alter the way the game anayzes your team and will generate much lower goals for the season whicha re generally easy to attain.

AGAIN, this worked in the past but I haven't tried it on 15 yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 02:00 PM   #6
Pro

doyce7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
Also in terms of not getting fired I would recommend switching your team around before the new year turns over... This has worked for me int he past but haven't yet tried on 15.

in the last week of the season after all matches have been played but before it reboots and loads up the next season change around your roster so that all of the worst players are in the starting lineup and bench. This will alter the way the game anayzes your team and will generate much lower goals for the season whicha re generally easy to attain.

AGAIN, this worked in the past but I haven't tried it on 15 yet
It works on 15 but if you have more than 1 team sheet you need to change all team sheets
Old 03-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyce7
It works on 15 but if you have more than 1 team sheet you need to change all team sheets
Oh, this explains why I thought it didnt work anymore. Definitely good to note.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »