Home

Your numbers

This is a discussion on Your numbers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2015, 01:44 AM   #1
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

OVR: 16
Your numbers

What's up fellas,

I've been scanning the forums and watching hundreds of videos of gamers in their My Career, but they tend to only show highlights and I cannot see season totals, W/L etc. I would love to hear and get some info about how you're dominating on the digital hard wood. Is it too easy to score in whatever mode you're in? Do you feel like you're having too much or too little success with particular moves/plays ?

If you get a min, please let it be heard in this thread!

Here is what I'm looking for:
  • A picture of your my player(Height/Weight/Pos) or team in MyGm/My League
  • PPG
  • APG
  • RPG
  • FG%
  • W/L record
  • Difficulty level
    Quarter Length
  • What mode are you in?
Thanks!
OG

And for those who still hate on my Gif game? #SimNation

Last edited by OGSPORTS; 02-25-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Your numbers

I play MC. I won't say it's too easy to score but it is easy. I play on SS/Sim because it has a nicer balance between difficulty and CPU BS than HOF does.

I run some variation of 5-6 plays(high pick and rolls, high/low post, pick and pop, drive and dish, curls for shooters). My favorite play is a high pick and roll with both the C and PF at the top of the key and the PG and SG in either corner to space the floor a bit. Depending on how the defense reacts, I can drive and finish at the rim or pull up for a midrange jumper, I can pass it of to either the PF or C rolling to the basket depending on which way I went, I can kick it out for a corner three to either guard or I can pass to either the PF or C for a FT line jumper. It's effective 7 times out of 10; the main downside of it is it takes a bit to for everyone to get set and it to develop.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk
Old 02-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #3
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

OVR: 0

image.jpg

I play Superstar/Sim MyCareer in my Rookie Season for the Toronto Raptors.
Right now we're in the Eastern Conference Finals leading 3-1 vs. the Bulls and throughout the Playoffs I'm averaging a monster triple double with 53.9 ppg, 16.2 rpg & 13.2 apg. My highest scoring output so far have been 71 points.

As good as these stats are I'm tired of having to put up numbers like this in every game just to make sure we have a chance to win the game. My teammates score, too, but if I'm not scoring at least 50 points there is no win for us.

We're running a lot of pick and rolls with me as the ball handler and I have either a clear lane to the hoop or i can dish out for open threes in the corners for DeRozen or Patrick Patterson. The Raptors playbook is excellent and allows a lot of scoring opportunities.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:33 PM   #4
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91

I play MC. I won't say it's too easy to score but it is easy. I play on SS/Sim because it has a nicer balance between difficulty and CPU BS than HOF does.

I run some variation of 5-6 plays(high pick and rolls, high/low post, pick and pop, drive and dish, curls for shooters). My favorite play is a high pick and roll with both the C and PF at the top of the key and the PG and SG in either corner to space the floor a bit. Depending on how the defense reacts, I can drive and finish at the rim or pull up for a midrange jumper, I can pass it of to either the PF or C rolling to the basket depending on which way I went, I can kick it out for a corner three to either guard or I can pass to either the PF or C for a FT line jumper. It's effective 7 times out of 10; the main downside of it is it takes a bit to for everyone to get set and it to develop.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk
This is great!
Old 02-25-2015, 12:34 PM   #5
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBobOmb
Attachment 92981

I play Superstar/Sim MyCareer in my Rookie Season for the Toronto Raptors.
Right now we're in the Eastern Conference Finals leading 3-1 vs. the Bulls and throughout the Playoffs I'm averaging a monster triple double with 53.9 ppg, 16.2 rpg & 13.2 apg. My highest scoring output so far have been 71 points.

As good as these stats are I'm tired of having to put up numbers like this in every game just to make sure we have a chance to win the game. My teammates score, too, but if I'm not scoring at least 50 points there is no win for us.

We're running a lot of pick and rolls with me as the ball handler and I have either a clear lane to the hoop or i can dish out for open threes in the corners for DeRozen or Patrick Patterson. The Raptors playbook is excellent and allows a lot of scoring opportunities.
Thank you! You're putting in some work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 02:59 PM   #6
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Your numbers

As you can see, my guy is a 6' PG and weighs 200 lbs. I am playing on HOF-SIM and 12 min quarters.

I don't believe it's very easy to score. Sometimes you'll have some bad shooting nights like in real life. But I feel any 2K game or sports game in general, you'll learn some of the most effective ways to get you points.

I wouldn't say the difficulty level is easy all around even though my record makes it look that way.

Playing certain teams it could be VERY hard. I am sure anyone that plays on HOF can vouch for OKC being one of the hardest teams to beat because KD is one of the best video game players I've ever seen in any video game in MyCareer on HOF. Also the Spurs and a few others can be a tough matchup. I believe it should be a tad more difficult.

The move I have the least success with is probably the eurostep. I just do not like how it's mapped on the controls this year. Very ineffective for me.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 02-25-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:49 PM   #7
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
As you can see, my guy is a 6' PG and weighs 200 lbs. I am playing on HOF-SIM and 12 min quarters.

I don't believe it's very easy to score. Sometimes you'll have some bad shooting nights like in real life. But I feel any 2K game or sports game in general, you'll learn some of the most effective ways to get you points.

I wouldn't say the difficulty level is easy all around even though my record makes it look that way.

Playing certain teams it could be VERY hard. I am sure anyone that plays on HOF can vouch for OKC being one of the hardest teams to beat because KD is one of the best video game players I've ever seen in any video game in MyCareer on HOF. Also the Spurs and a few others can be a tough matchup. I believe it should be a tad more difficult.

The move I have the least success with is probably the eurostep. I just do not like how it's mapped on the controls this year. Very ineffective for me.

Averaging 45ppg on HOF Sim? How are you getting your buckets?
Old 02-25-2015, 06:18 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

I dont have any pics representative of My MC career play but I did want to say that while this mode has its appeal i haven't really gotten stuck into it beyond making my player better for online play.

If im doing the 'control one player on a team thing' I usually just create a player then lock on to him in my League.

The primary reason for this is because there isn't enough control over how My Career plays. Its a balance issue that makes the mode far too 'easy' and therefore unrealistic by my standards.

What the mode needs is slider customization IMO. Since the mode is primarily tied to online play it feels like this is an afterthought to prevent player from exploiting the system and buying into 2K's grimey VC coins.

I don't really need to post or share my ridiculous exploits because i think 40+ppg and 15 apg on 61% shooting on HOF/SIM proves any point i'd try to make. I fairly regularly hear of people putting up 80+point nights with the record claim being ~120 points. And while that is all well and good for folks who enjoy it(which seems to be the majority of people) it leaves sim style players like myself looking for other methods of getting that solo play experience which Is a shame because Visual Concepts puts more work into mycareer than seemingly every other mode, work that many people will not experience because of poor balancing.

This year I foolishly bought the my Park hype. I wanted to have a great experience online and the only way to do that without supporting 2K's BS VC practices was to GRIND the mycareer mode. A mode so unenjoyable for me due to my sim smugness that in the end it felt like mostly a waste of my time.

If it must be so that MyCareer in future 2k titles be primarily tied to online play could you consider giving #simnation an offline MyCareer mode that is as customizable as my league.
Dont give this mode any arbitrary ratings caps. If one wants to be a rookie thats better than MJ let it be. If one wants to be a 7'6" poster monster let it be. If one wants to veto terrible trades let that also be. Extend the freedom we love about MyLeague into this offline Career mode so that we all can enjoy its trials and tribulations, its funny and not funny mentors, its storylines, its shoe contracts and social networking gimmicks and its glory. Help us share in Visual Concepts hard work.

Last edited by 2k10Fonzarelli; 02-25-2015 at 06:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »