Home

Tear Dropper, King of Euros, and Spin Layup Badges?

This is a discussion on Tear Dropper, King of Euros, and Spin Layup Badges? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-21-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Tear Dropper, King of Euros, and Spin Layup Badges?

Im trying to unlock the badges for these moves and I know Ive attempted more than 20 spin layups and 60 floaters yet I still havent gotten the badges. I play on All-star and usually call for a screen before taking off to the basket. Im just trying to get these badges so Ive done this exclusively for the past 10 games and still no badges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 11:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tear Dropper, King of Euros, and Spin Layup Badges?

Focus one at a time. I've gotten these several times. In my experience it takes more than just 20.

I got spin layin on my new MyCareer and i did probably 50. Some attempts just doesn't count. Also do you have shot creator, because if that pops up in a spin layup that attempt doesn't count.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:56 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbentley
Focus one at a time. I've gotten these several times. In my experience it takes more than just 20.

I got spin layin on my new MyCareer and i did probably 50. Some attempts just doesn't count. Also do you have shot creator, because if that pops up in a spin layup that attempt doesn't count.
I'm been trying to get spin lay up since release wtf
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 02-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I'm been trying to get spin lay up since release wtf

really, its pretty easy put it on rookie casual. Get a fast break steal and when driving to the basket press square square. If you have shot creator help to know if it is a spin layup because if it pops up its not a spin layup.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:41 PM   #5
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbentley
really, its pretty easy put it on rookie casual. Get a fast break steal and when driving to the basket press square square. If you have shot creator help to know if it is a spin layup because if it pops up its not a spin layup.
That's what I've been doing . I have 50+ badges but this one is pretty stubborn even more than deadeye was ...
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
That's what I've been doing . I have 50+ badges but this one is pretty stubborn even more than deadeye was ...
Once your surpass 51 it seems they are so damn hard to get.

As far as Tear Dropper goes, what position do you play and what are your signature styles, lay up package and jump shot?

The hook release I use as a 6'5 Pg is 1. It is great as it never gets blocked (as long as I attempt it at the right time) and it works really well along with drop stepper. It's great being able to have the option to throw up a floater, drop step or the two handed runner (tear drop) when driving side to side through the paint.

As far as having trouble getting the spin lay in badge, check your isomotion spin and make sure it is at least somewhat in line with your hesitation, crossover, behind the back, etc. You may have better luck changing the spin just to get the badge and then reverting back.

But I recommend the guard lay up package for earning badges like this, unless you are above 6'9.

I earned Hop Stepper, Euro Step, Tear Dropper, Acrobat and Spin Lay In with the guard package all within a calendar month of games.

A lot of people went with the Monta Ellis package, for reasonable thoughts, but it is just plain ineffective until you get the badge.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Old 02-26-2015, 08:50 AM   #7
Pro

Spin Lay Up probably took the longest because of fouls.

They don't always count as a spin lay in and there's no way to tell, even when you have the badge and you think it's gonna count as a full spin lay up it doesn't lol...

Euro & Hop Step are probably the easiest to get. It's only attemps, you don't have to make them, but again fouls don't count as shot attempts unless you make them.

Hopstep is hard because again, not all hop steps count, but I used the Jamal Crawford package.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Spin Lay Up probably took the longest because of fouls.

They don't always count as a spin lay in and there's no way to tell, even when you have the badge and you think it's gonna count as a full spin lay up it doesn't lol...

Euro & Hop Step are probably the easiest to get. It's only attemps, you don't have to make them, but again fouls don't count as shot attempts unless you make them.

Hopstep is hard because again, not all hop steps count, but I used the Jamal Crawford package.
Thanks for this advice. I'm sick of doing a nice spin layup to get open and missing the layup or a hopstep and losing the ball in the Rec.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »