Home

Why is old WWW games better than WWW 2K15?

This is a discussion on Why is old WWW games better than WWW 2K15? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-19-2015, 04:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why is old WWW games better than WWW 2K15?

IM not talking about graphically but so much funner. I was watching videos of SVR 2006 story mode and watching them I wish I had my old PS2 and PS3 to play those games again, and guess what commentary was actually better ! And so were cutscenes. Just like the real WWE, everything lost touch with what the people want. Hopefully WWE 2K16 doesn't make me sell it within a week like WWW 2K15 did. I was so disappointed

Sent from my SCH-R820 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2015, 02:32 AM   #2
MVP

marcuscouch10's Arena

Re: Why is old WWW games better than WWW 2K15?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRatedxR
IM not talking about graphically but so much funner. I was watching videos of SVR 2006 story mode and watching them I wish I had my old PS2 and PS3 to play those games again, and guess what commentary was actually better ! And so were cutscenes. Just like the real WWE, everything lost touch with what the people want. Hopefully WWE 2K16 doesn't make me sell it within a week like WWW 2K15 did. I was so disappointed

Sent from my SCH-R820 using Tapatalk 2
Because back then games weren't as much to make due to the lack of visual's in the old games so they could pretty much add anything back then for a fraction of today's cost
Old 02-20-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i agree about the cut scenes seems no matter who i play i get the same cut scenes, either the wrestlers attacked, they shake hand or dont, they come out on stage and do the challenge for belt.

and the one i've yet to get to work in 15 is cut scene where the wrestlers come out and the 3 join forces then 2 of the 3 or all 3 disappear from universe? really? had that happen to me the 2 times i've gotten it.

i miss the old games where u walked around in back and had to talk to the different wrestlers and had to choose what to do.

it seems like most games are going for great graphics and DLC.... and getting rid of modes or areas that made games fun.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #4
Rookie

I still think no mercy had the best career setup with great replay ability. I spent many many hours playing and replaying through all the paths for every belt.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:26 AM   #5
MVP

marcuscouch10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i agree about the cut scenes seems no matter who i play i get the same cut scenes, either the wrestlers attacked, they shake hand or dont, they come out on stage and do the challenge for belt.

and the one i've yet to get to work in 15 is cut scene where the wrestlers come out and the 3 join forces then 2 of the 3 or all 3 disappear from universe? really? had that happen to me the 2 times i've gotten it.

i miss the old games where u walked around in back and had to talk to the different wrestlers and had to choose what to do.

it seems like most games are going for great graphics and DLC.... and getting rid of modes or areas that made games fun.
I remember back in like 2003 or 2004 or whenever idk I forgot but it was SmackDown Here Comes the Pain! Where the career mode was amazing and you could brawl with your enemies backstage and you could even go to the parking lot and drive a motorcycle around your opponent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2015, 06:56 AM   #6
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah, it was here comes the pain. Probably my favorite.

I just found a place where I can download current wrestler mods so I just set up a complete new roster, all updated music, titantrons and attributes.

Great, nostalgic fun and it's just that, fun although with attribute edits, I've tinkered with the gameplay a bit for longer matches.

In my opinion, has the best season mode and I'm just about to fire one up.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:10 PM   #7
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Single player content. It's a dying age. Not just wrestling games, but pretty much all genres. It's the age of multiplayer. It' all about picking up and playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »