Home

Bad performance

This is a discussion on Bad performance within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-14-2015, 10:47 PM   #1
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1
Bad performance

I have a problem where randomly I'll get framerates around 15 for about 2 minutes during game play but in the menus everything is perfectly fine. I haven't exactly pin pointed where the issue comes from because it seems to happen randomly but its happened in nearly every game I've played. My specs are not the problem because the game will revert back to a solid consistent 60fps. For anyone wondering , my specs are AMD 270 gpu , FX6200 6 core processor , 8 GB of ram , windows 7 . Is there any fix for this? I can't seem to find anything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Smile Re: Bad performance

You could try this:

1 - Open task manager > processes > show processes from all users > sort by CPU
2 - run the game in Windowed mode
3 - When the slowdown occurs, check task manager and see if anything is hogging CPU or something

Hope this helps.

(Edit: the point of windows mode is so you can shift easily from the game to the Task Manager. I'm not sure if you can easily do that when it runs Full Screen. After fixing the issue, go back to running the game Full screen.)

Last edited by instant000; 02-17-2015 at 04:40 PM. Reason: clarify why I said run in Windowed mode.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:18 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Bad performance

I notice this also. I believe this has to do with the cpu controlled teams and how it handles momentum. momentum is tied into when a team goes on a run.
momentum controls how fast a team plays and also affects the crowds in said arenas. higher momentum means a more frenzied/active crowd.
every game the cpu controlled team will increase momentum several times a game

thats the only time I notice a frame rate issue. and it is tied into cpu performance.

higher momentum equals more processing power.

call time outs, or save your game and then reload the game and youll notice the issue go away.

if you lower your settings settings, especially for the arena/crowd youll notice the issue disappear all together.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Bad performance

Well I think I figured out the problem, I overclocked my GPU and since I reverted back to original clocks I haven't had any problems in 3 or so games while before it happened in every game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »